Announcement: Go 1.10 now available on App Engine Flex

Vivek Sekhar

Mar 7, 2018, 4:39:13 PM3/7/18

Hello Go App Engine flexible environment users,

We are pleased to announce the availability of Go 1.10 on App Engine flexible environment.

Starting today, you can specify runtime: go1.10 in your app.yaml file to deploy your app using Go 1.10.

We will make Go 1.10 the default for deployments specifying runtime: go sometime after March 20, 2018. After Go 1.10 becomes the default, you’ll still be able to use the existing Go 1.9 runtime by specifying runtime: go1.9.

Go 1.10 speeds up builds and includes minor changes throughout the standard library. Changes to the bytes and net/url packages may require some code changes. For full details, see the Go 1.10 release page.

As always, you can submit feedback in this forum and bug reports to the issue tracker.

Vivek, for the Go team

--

Vivek | Sekhar | Product Manager | vse...@google.com

Alexander Trakhimenok

Mar 8, 2018, 11:17:26 AM3/8/18
to google-appengine-go
What about Go 1.10 for App Engine Standard?

Herbie Ong

Mar 28, 2018, 11:27:17 AM3/28/18
to google-appengine-go
Hello,

Go 1.10 is now the default version for new deployments specifying runtime: go on App Engine flexible environments.  Please do update your gcloud SDK to version 195.0.0 to make sure the staging process is done correctly.

Let us know if there are issues.

Herbie on behalf of the Go team.