Instance Scaling With Managed VM

Christopher Hesse

May 1, 2015, 2:35:44 PM5/1/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi!  So I have a Managed VM Autoscaling module with some traffic on it and I want to deploy a new version, but it's not clear to me how to set the initial number of instances for the new version.  I tried module.SetNumInstances() but get the following error: command completed with error: API error 5 (modules: UNEXPECTED_STATE): Can not set_num_instances when autoscaling is enabled.  The instance count changes in the dashboard, but I don't see any new VM instances.

Now I could set the min_num_instances to be the average load for instance, but then even inactive versions would always have a full set of instances to handle the average load, which seems wasteful.

For the default module there's migrate_traffic and percent traffic split, but I don't see how to do this for a non-default module in MVM.

Any ideas?