AppEngine Standard Golang Version 1.8

Dimitrios Trechas

May 10, 2017, 6:12:22 AM5/10/17
to google-appengine-go

Can we expect it this year or is it a matter of couple of months?

Steven Buss

May 10, 2017, 12:22:15 PM5/10/17
to Dimitrios Trechas, google-appengine-go
I can't make exact promises of dates and features, but know that I'm spending about 85% of my time just driving this forward. The other time is spent on various high priority bugfixes for the existing platform.

The good news is that once we get through all of this, it will be *way* easier to add support for new versions of go. Release cadence will improve.

And, hey, I'll be at GopherCon in Denver this year, so if I don't deliver I'll have to answer to everybody in person :)