Go AppEngine SDK 1.5.3 size

Dimitrios Trechas

May 10, 2017, 6:09:24 AM5/10/17
to google-appengine-go
Dear Developers,

Thank you for the new release.

I realised that the Windows SDK grew and has double the size (~120MB).

There is a goroot and goroot-1.6 but essentially contain Go.1.6.

Is there any particular reason to have them both?

Steven Buss

May 10, 2017, 12:09:49 PM5/10/17
to Dimitrios Trechas, google-appengine-go
This is part of our plan to support both go1.6 and go1.8 at the same time. Unfortunately that means shipping a copy of our go toolchain at both versions. goroot and goroot-1.6 are duplicates because I'm staging the release out into a few steps to lower risk of breakage.