Golang v 1.10 for GAE Standard?

Alexander Trakhimenok

Feb 20, 2018, 10:16:10 AM2/20/18
to google-appengine-go
Are there any plans for Golang 1.10 on AppEngine Standard? It was promised that once Go 1.8 is implemented it will be easier/faster to bring new versions of Golang.

Version 1.9 of Go never materialized in GAE Standard. Any hopes for 1.10 I’m nearest future?

It feels like AppEngine Standard Go is getting neglected :(

I’ve raised an issue at GitHub: https://github.com/golang/appengine/issues/121

Alex

ro...@rvjc.com

Feb 22, 2018, 11:34:04 AM2/22/18
to google-appengine-go
Yes, I think this is an important maturity milestone in the language and runtime.
We really need things to settle down now with less bleeding edge and more incremental improvements.

Steven Buss

Feb 22, 2018, 12:34:30 PM2/22/18
to ro...@rvjc.com, Alexander Trakhimenok, google-appengine-go
Yes, 1.10 is on its way. 1.9 has been in internal dogfood for about two weeks now with no issues and will be available for external use very shortly. It would have launched earlier, but for the last 6 weeks I've been on partial sabbatical to volunteer for my friend Sonja Trauss as she runs for San Francisco district six supervisor. I'm coming back to full-time work on March 5.

1.10 support is in active development by two team members, and boy do we have some cool surprises :)

One big reveal is that 1.10 on standard will finally have proper support for vendoring. I know this has been a huge pain point for everyone for a long time, and I'm really excited to finally get it fixed!

Ronoaldo José de Lana Pereira

Dragos Harabor

sha...@google.com

Feb 28, 2018, 2:22:05 PM2/28/18
to google-appengine-go
Yes it's coming to flex soon.

adhirav...@gmail.com

RVJ Callanan

Jul 20, 2018, 11:32:42 AM7/20/18
to google-appengine-go
I second that emotion :-)

Steven Buss

Jul 23, 2018, 5:29:27 PM7/23/18
to RVJ Callanan, google-appengine-go
Sorry, all. Go 1.10 really fell behind because we've been working on something pretty exciting. I wish I could say more, but the things I've said in the past can be reiterated: support for vendoring, support for vgo, many limitations removed, and a more normal experience using Go best practices.

Go 1.11 will go gold at the end of August so right now we're planning to skip 1.10 and go straight to Go 1.11.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM RVJ Callanan <ro...@rvjc.com> wrote:
I second that emotion :-)

Pablo Rozas Larraondo