Datastore index has errors, but deletion fails. Stuck

hamish...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 11:39:53 PM7/7/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Anyone had issues with datastore indexes in an "error" state, that also fail to delete?

The index was auto generated as per below:
ancestor: true
kind: Page
properties:
- name: Project
- direction: desc
  name: FirstSeen

I've run the "vacuum_indexes" command as instructed (i follow the steps, up until step 5 as my indexes never get out of the error state). This causes the index to go into a "deleting" state (normal so far). It then shows progress all the way until delete completion, which it then appears again in the "error" state. I've tried this several times and it still fails in the same way. I also tried creating a similar index (manual) with different direction and this failed in the same way.

Has anyone come up against this or have any good way to fix it? My app needs this index...

Thanks,
Hamish

David Symonds

Jul 7, 2014, 11:53:12 PM7/7/14
to Hamish Ogilvy, google-appengine-go
File a bug on the issue tracker. That shouldn't happen.

hamish...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 9:18:44 PM7/8/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, hamish...@gmail.com