appengine/log doesn't log anything to request log

Derek Perkins

Jun 20, 2016, 11:47:23 AM6/20/16
to google-appengine-go
I just upgraded my google.golang.org/appengine dependency (it was about 6 months behind) and now I don't have any of my logs showing up in the online request log, it's just the naked request info as if I didn't log anything. What would have changed to break that?

Thanks,
Derek

Derek Perkins

Jun 20, 2016, 7:00:28 PM6/20/16
to google-appengine-go
I even tried to roll back to multiple previous commits and that didn't work. Did some other dependency of the appengine package change that would break logging?

Chris Broadfoot

Jun 20, 2016, 7:44:22 PM6/20/16
to Derek Perkins, Adam Tanner, google-appengine-go, Dave Day
+Adam, Dave FYI

Hey Derek, can you try rolling back to e234e71?

That's the commit before 5803211, which changed the way logging works.

Derek Perkins

Jun 20, 2016, 8:24:50 PM6/20/16
to google-appengine-go, de...@derekperkins.com, adamt...@google.com, d...@google.com
These are the commits that I've tried without luck:
  • e234e71924d4aa52444bc76f2f831f13fa1eca60
  • b67c870a16a2d58b3afa024461dcc51805f52e9d
  • 6a9e12ad5cdb9f654cae4b1caa8982d646b5a633
  • c79b783e1d9eb6e1456692149245824cedeefef9
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-appengine-go+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Derek Perkins

Jun 20, 2016, 9:31:08 PM6/20/16
to google-appengine-go, de...@derekperkins.com, adamt...@google.com, d...@google.com
Ok, after deleting the repo and doing a hard reset to e234e71, my logging is back. Thanks for the suggestion cbro!

Chris Broadfoot

Jun 21, 2016, 2:41:43 AM6/21/16
to Derek Perkins, google-appengine-go, Adam Tanner, Dave Day
Thanks. We're reverting the change until the UI gets updated to support the new JSON logging method.

It should land tonight, so you can try the upgrade again tomorrow.

Dave Day

Jun 21, 2016, 3:21:09 AM6/21/16
to Chris Broadfoot, Derek Perkins, google-appengine-go, Adam Tanner
It should be live now. Please let us know if you keep seeing issues at head. Thanks!