Go 1.8 progress

Steven Buss

Aug 31, 2017, 4:48:12 PM8/31/17
to google-appengine-go
As of this morning I have fixed all of the bugs reported for Go 1.8. Please give it another shot and keep those bug reports coming.

Jonathan Ingram

Aug 31, 2017, 7:19:57 PM8/31/17
to google-appengine-go
Awesome thanks Steven. This might be too optimistic, but is it possible to cut a 1.9 beta release so we can start testing, reporting bugs, etc.?

pj

Sep 1, 2017, 2:50:01 AM9/1/17
to google-appengine-go
Please Jonathan don't put extra work or ideas in their head.
Let them first fix up Go1.8 and bring it production-ready so we can use all the up to date libraries that require Go1.7+ because everyone is hurting at the moment.

pj

Sep 5, 2017, 9:34:06 PM9/5/17
to google-appengine-go
A release just came out September 5:

September 5, 2017

  • App Engine is now available in the southamerica-east1 region (São Paulo, Brazil).

Is this the release with all the up to date bug fixes?

Steven Buss

Sep 6, 2017, 10:48:29 AM9/6/17
to pj, google-appengine-go
AFAIK all regions are running the same versions