[ANN] Go 1.6.3 App Engine SDK with support for macOS Sierra

Skip to the first unread message

Chris Broadfoot

4 Nov 2016, 7:29:41 pm4/11/16
to google-appengine-go
Hello gophers,

App Engine SDK 1.9.46 is available for download.
It updates Go to version 1.6.3, including support for macOS Sierra.
Thank you for your patience on this update.

Get it here:

As a reminder, if you haven't already updated your app to the "google.golang.org/appengine/..." packages, it's an easy update:

This allows you to build and test your code without "goapp" and the special "appengine/..." packages in the SDK's goroot.

Regards
Chris

Drew Wells

5 Nov 2016, 7:19:08 pm5/11/16
to google-appengine-go
I'm getting errors after upgrading appengine.Main is undefined. Any hints on this?

Adam Tanner

5 Nov 2016, 8:38:14 pm5/11/16
to Drew Wells, google-appengine-go
Have you updated your google.golang.org/appengine packages and/or do you have a file at the root of your application that is package main and has a func main in it?

I would try updating the packages and then if you have a func main it needs to call appengine.Main() as the last line in the function.
On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Drew Wells <drew.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm getting errors after upgrading appengine.Main is undefined. Any hints on this?

Drew Wells

5 Nov 2016, 10:17:30 pm5/11/16
to Adam Tanner, google-appengine-go
That was the issue. Appengine had updates for new requirements in this release. It also looks for the exact call appengine.Main() now.