Scheduled Maintenance postponed to Tuesday, December 6th, 2011

App Engine Downtime Notify

Nov 30, 2011, 6:33:59 PM11/30/11
to google-appengine...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

(If your application is already using High Replication datastore, you can ignore this email. To tell if a currently deployed application is using High Replication, go to your application's admin console and look at the dropdown menu in the top left hand corner of the page. If the selected application shows "YOUR_APP_ID [High Replication]" (where YOUR_APP_ID = your application ID), you are already running on High Replication and can ignore this message.)

The previously scheduled maintenance period for November 30th has been postponed to December 6th, 2011. The new maintenance period will be:

Tuesday, December 6th, 5:30 PM - 6:30PM Pacific (GMT: Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 at 1:30am)

For everyone that's not currently on high replication datastore, you can use the high replication migration tool released in 1.6.0 that minimizes the migration read-only downtime period as well as allowing you to preserve your application ID. You can read more about this tool here:

Below is the standard information we usually send out with these notifications. Check it out for more information about read-only periods or how to be notified of production events.

- Ikai

----------

The master/slave datastore will be placed into read-only mode and memcache will be
flushed. It is recommended that critical portions of your application
that depend on the datastore should make use of the capabilities API
to detect and recover gracefully  during read-only periods.
Documentation describing the capabilities API can be found here:

There will be no downtime for developers whose applications use High
Replication Datastore. You can read more about High Replication here:

Developers can subscribe to the scheduled maintenance calendar using
the following link:

Ikai Lan

Dec 6, 2011, 8:28:31 PM12/6/11
to google-appengine...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

The read-only period will start shortly. We estimate in about 10 minutes. I'll post again when it begins.

- Ikai

Ikai Lan

Dec 6, 2011, 8:34:00 PM12/6/11
to google-appengine...@googlegroups.com
The master/slave datastore should be in read-only mode as of right now.

- Ikai

Ikai Lan

Dec 6, 2011, 9:31:46 PM12/6/11
to google-appengine...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

The master/slave read-only period is going to last 25-45 minutes longer than we had originally anticipated. I'll post more updates as I receive them.

Thanks for your patience,

- Ikai

Ikai Lan

Dec 6, 2011, 9:52:17 PM12/6/11
to google-appengine...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

The master/slave datastore should now be read/write again.

- Ikai