Google Drive behavior when changing owner.

Ali P.

Apr 3, 2015, 4:55:05 PM4/3/15
to google-api-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change owners on Google drive files. I'm facing this issue which every time I insert a new person as owner of a file, The file appears in "my drive" of the new owner as well as it's original location. I've tried to fix this problem by querying the file's parents after inserting the new permission, but It's reporting only 1 parent. At the same time, when I iterate through children of 'root' folder using service.children().list(), exact same file return both 'root' and the relevant folder as parents, which then I can remove the 'root' from list of it's parents.
Has anybody experienced similar issue ?

-Ali