How to use Google SpreadSheets API v4 with python

Garron Haun

May 20, 2016, 8:28:02 PM5/20/16
to Google API Python Client
Hello!

I'm trying to log some temperatures to a Google Spreadsheet via Python. I have access to the spreadsheet and can pull information from it, but I am having trouble writing to the sheet.

The problem is everytime I use it I get:

service.spreadsheets().batchUpdate(spreadsheetId, request)
TypeError: method() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

Can someone point me in the right direction how to do this? I can post the rest of my code if needed.

Thanks!

sqldata...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2016, 1:56:12 AM7/2/16
to Google API Python Client
batchUpdate(spreadsheetId=SPREADSHEET_ID, body=request).execute

assuming 'request' is a variable that contains the json code.