Permissions problem when uploading video to youtube using cron

James McCormac

Jan 12, 2016, 11:27:43 AM1/12/16
to Google API Python Client
Hi,
I have a script that I use to upload 1 movie per day to youtube. I have created the client_secrets.json file using the info in the developer console. When I run the script manually the video is uploaded and everything is fine.

When I try running the script as a cronjob I get the following error:

"""

To make this sample run you will need to populate the client_secrets.json file

found at:

/usr/local/cron/scripts/client_secrets.json

with information from the Developers Console

https://console.developers.google.com/

For more information about the client_secrets.json file format, please visit:

https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/python/guide/aaa_client_secrets

"""

I have populated the json file and it works fine outside cron. Any ideas why the upload is not being permitted with cron?

Kind regards

James