Unminified code source

Hannah Wolfe

May 5, 2012, 8:00:01 AM5/5/12
to google-api-jav...@googlegroups.com
The source browser on the project page for this doesn't seem to contain the actual source for the client library? http://code.google.com/p/google-api-javascript-client/source/browse?repo=default
The PHP one does, but I can only find the minimised version for the js one https://apis.google.com/js/client.js :(

I would have expected this project to be open source - am I missing something, is it by accident or is it deliberately hidden away?

I just want to read through the code before I start using it and minification makes this tricky:/

Anyone know where the source lives or able to grant me access?

Cheers,
Hannah

Rick Suggs

May 7, 2012, 12:07:37 PM5/7/12
to google-api-jav...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't find the source code in the repository either. If you're using Google Chrome, you can first include the script on your page, then use the Chrome Developer Tools to view the source. There is a button below the script source that looks like { } which will de-obfuscate the source code to make it more readable. Only problem is that the de-obfuscated source code will have letters for variable names..

Brendan

May 7, 2012, 2:52:14 PM5/7/12
to google-api-jav...@googlegroups.com
The JavaScript Client is purposely not open-source at this time due to the way the library is compiled and delivered.

Cody Goodman

Dec 25, 2015, 11:52:48 PM12/25/15
to Google API JavaScript Client
It's almost 2016 and the google javascript client is still not open source... safe to say it isn't a priority.

Google used to take open source seriously.