rateLimitExceeded error for a specific user when querying segments list

Yaron Elyashiv

Jul 22, 2015, 12:50:43 PM7/22/15
to Google Analytics Management API

Hi,

I am getting an error when trying to retrieve the segment list for an account:

Array

(

    [error] => {"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"rateLimitExceeded","message":"Quota Error: Rate Limit Exceeded"}],"code":403,"message":"Quota Error: Rate Limit Exceeded"}}

    [code] => 403

)

A sample request (the access token is in the header)

https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/management/segments?fields=items(definition,id,name,segmentId,type),totalResults&userQuota=52c431b9becc7464a258380cd45f4061

The user that authenticated through OAuth 2.0 has access to ~1000 views.

This error happens even when no other requests are made on behalf of the user, and has been persisting for a couple of days now.

It was working fine previously.

I tried limiting the number of results with start-index and max-results, as I read that might be causing it, but that didn't help.

Removing the "userQuota" parameter didn't help either.

All other requests - core reporting, goals, views, etc' - are working fine.

I would appreciate any information that might help resolving this issue.

Thanks.