Entering a URL through a text box form for Inserting Goals

James Torrecampo

Oct 20, 2015, 9:59:52 PM10/20/15
to Google Analytics Management API
Hi,

Regarding the Management API for Goals Insert - When creating the function to create a new goal, you have to hard code the URL you wish to set for a particular page to activate a goal completion.

Is it possible to enter a URL on the web page browser with a text box and HTML submit form button, instead of hard coding the URL within that JavaScript function resource?

Regards

Matthew Cohoon

Oct 21, 2015, 11:27:11 AM10/21/15
to Google Analytics Management API
Hello James,
I am not quite sure I understand your question. It is possible to set up any API call through a web form and set variables in JavaScript based upon the values in that web form. and when you construct your API call simply use the variables values to formulate the API request body.

The Google Analytics Demos and Tools site has many examples of just such a work flow and all the source code is on Github.

If you are looking for help with javascript, webforms and general coding implementation stackoverflow has a great community of people who are willing to help.
-Matt