ClientLogin, AuthSub and OAuth 1.0 shutdown scheduled for April 20, 2015

Matthew Cohoon

Mar 23, 2015, 4:52:18 PM3/23/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com

Only four weeks remain to migrate to Oauth 2.0!

Parts of the Account Authentication APIs (ClientLogin, AuthSub and OAuth 1.0) were officially deprecated on April 20, 2012 and will be shut down on April 20, 2015. We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible. You will get an error if you continue to use these methods beyond the final shutdown.

Authenticated APIs

If you are using one of the Authenticated APIs, (Core Reporting API, MCF Reporting API, Management API, Provisioning API) you will need upgrade OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible. Note: Once you upgrade your users will need to reauthorize your application.

Unauthenticated APIs

If you are using an unauthenticated API, such as the Metadata API, you still must register your application in the Google Developer Console and your application will need to identify itself every time it sends a request to the Analytics API, by including an API key with each request. Note: Previously, Google Analytics provided a very low grace quota to accommodate a small amount of testing, with this shutdown this will no longer be the case.

mcd...@admin.mcdonalds.com

Jun 23, 2015, 6:36:32 AM6/23/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

We are using ClientLogin to access GoogleAnalytics profile through a java application to read the data.
It failed intermittently but working fine most of the time. Please confirm if ClientLogin is already been depricated and if so, How am I able to connect through this.

Also, please provide some details on how to implement OAuth 2.0.

Any help document will be much appriciated.

Best Regards,

Matt

Jun 23, 2015, 3:05:26 PM6/23/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
The process of the global turndown of ClientLogin began in April. Depending on various circumstances applications may have seen different actual shutoff dates.

I would encourage you to read through the various OAuth 2.0 scenarios and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Also you can use the Hello Analytics API: Java quickstart guide for Installed Application. Which will take you through the steps necessary to set up OAuth 2.0 and query the Google Analytics API.

-Matt

nelssen....@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2015, 9:51:28 AM7/15/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt,

I had my application affected by the shutdown, and I'm having difficulties to put the Google Analytics functionality working again.

I've Tried to use the OAuth2.0 Playground to test my application but i was unsuccessful.

I get the error: "User does not have any Google Analytics account."

There is an email associated to this account so so the problem maybe this one:

Note: Once you upgrade your users will need to reauthorize your application.

What do i need to do to reauthorize my application?

Best Regards,

Matthew Cohoon

Jul 15, 2015, 12:47:01 PM7/15/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
What type of authentication/application are you using?

If you are using a service account you will need to add that service account email to the Google Analytics Account you would like it to have access. If you have a web application, the users would have to visit your web application and authorize the application to access their Google Analytics data.

-Matt