Custom dimension in Product Data import

André Heller

Feb 5, 2015, 5:50:49 AM2/5/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to ask you for some problem, which we can not solve for some time in our client accounts. Here is simple question:

Is it possible to overwite data in product scope custom dimensions by uploading CSV file through product data import via management API?

We tried it in all the ways, but nothing help. Regular product dimension data (product brand, variant, name, etc.) ovewrited fine.

We check a lots of sites of documentation on both developer and support google.com.

On these sites is nothing about custom dimensions:
On these are some mentions about CD, but is is not useful or clear:

Unfortunatelly the problem still persists. Could you help us please?
I am attaching example of CSV file we were testing and yes, I checked overwrite hit data checkbox in data set settings :)

Thanks in advance.
Andre
Product Data - template (2).csv

Matthew Cohoon

Feb 5, 2015, 12:45:58 PM2/5/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
It is possible to import Product Scoped Custom Dimensions using the Data Import with the Management API.

The question is are you attempting to overwrite historical data, If so you will need to use Query Time Data Import (Premium Only).

Either way you will need to create Custom Data Set with the schema set to include the Product Scoped Custom Dimensions you intend to upload.
And then upload the properly formatted CSV file. If you are not using Query Time Data Import, all future hits with matching keys will be associated with the imported custom dimensions.

I hope this helps,
Matt

André Heller

Feb 6, 2015, 4:50:34 AM2/6/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer!

I know Query time import, but I don't need that in this case. I'm trying to ovewrite future data only and the dataset with product scope custom dimensions I 've already set up.

Unfortunately the custom dimensions are still don't overwriting.

Matthew Cohoon

Feb 10, 2015, 11:49:04 AM2/10/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andre,
One thing you might check is the configuration of the Data Set (see attached image). Ensure that you have it to overwrite hit data. If it is already set to overwrite hit data and the values being sent with a matching ga:productSku are not being overwritten within 24hours please let me know.
-Matt
​​

overwitehitdata.png

André Heller

Feb 11, 2015, 3:14:11 AM2/11/15
to google-analytic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew, I checked it again and it is already set to overwrite hit data but the custom dimensions are still don't overwriting. Once you set up and upload a file it can't be change. If there is no value, import will work and imported data will have set all dimensions correctly, but if there are available some hit data, the only things which will be overwriten are regular product dimensions, but not custom dimensions :/

---

André Heller | Medio Interactive, s.r.o.

Jihlavská 823/78, 140 00 Praha 4-Michle
email: hel...@medio.cz | www.medio.cz

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Analytics Management API" group.