Permission Issue on Insert

Mark Finkelstein

Oct 13, 2015, 2:11:52 PM10/13/15
to Google Analytics Management API
I just got whitelisted for the ga management API, so I'm just exploring, but I used the form at the end of https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/mgmtReference/management/webproperties/insert to try out an insert and got:

Request

POST https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/management/accounts/[ACCOUNT ID]/webproperties
{
"websiteUrl": "http://atest1.com",
"name": "Test1"
}

Response

403 OK
- SHOW HEADERS -
{
"error": {
"errors": [
{
"domain": "global",
"reason": "insufficientPermissions",
"message": "Your project does not have access to this feature."
}
],
"code": 403,
"message": "Your project does not have access to this feature."
}
}

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I've been able to use the account ID for the embed API successfully thus far.

Matthew Cohoon

Oct 13, 2015, 2:16:19 PM10/13/15
to Google Analytics Management API
Hello It looks like you copied and pasted the response from the API explorer. The API explorer is an independent project, which has not been whitelisted. You need to make the API call from your code.
-Matt

Mark Finkelstein

Oct 14, 2015, 10:09:14 AM10/14/15
to Google Analytics Management API
Great to know. Thanks for the quick response!