Re: Google Analytics API - Inconsistent Results

Message has been deleted

Matt

Nov 5, 2015, 12:13:23 AM11/5/15
to google-analytics-data-export-api
First I would verify that the two queries are identical especially with respect to any segments or filters.
Then I would also check if the response contains sampled data.
-Matt

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:09:03 AM UTC-8,

Hello,

I have a couple of problems with Google Analytics API.

  1. 1) Certain data pulled from the API is changing retroactively - especially the number of "not set" sessions. The data I pulled last month no longer match with the data returned by the API (for the same query, profile and dates). For instance, last month I got 120 "not set" sessions and now I am getting 1930 "not set" sessions.

  2. 2) There is a dramatic increase in the number of "not set" sessions. This affects historical dates as well.

So it looks like the historical data was modified - specifically all the data > August 2013.

I also noticed the overall number of sessions (total number of sessions for all metros) stays the same. However the "not set" sessions is way much bigger and then each big metro has less sessions (somehow the attribution changed but I have no idea how and why).

Any idea what is causing these discrepancies?  I thought the historical data is static and not changing over night without notice.  I am really confused.

Thank you for your help.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted