Get information from analytics based on gclid

Auke V

Dec 18, 2014, 6:27:34 PM12/18/14
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I was wondering if the following is possible:
I want to add additional information from adwords visitors to my custom CRM. I do have the gclid parameter.
Can I with this parameter get this additional information via the API? I.e. searched keyword, adgroup, campaign, location, length of visit etc.

Thanks
Auke

Auke V

Mar 20, 2015, 3:20:54 PM3/20/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
I know we can get this information from the ADwords API using the CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.

but I was wondering if it is possible to obtain this information via the Analytics API
or if not, is this possible to do with only asking permission to a client to access their analytics reports (aoth2) and then also access the corresponding Adwords report?

The thing is I already have a our clients refreshTokens for the Analytics API and I would prefer not to have to ask for access again for the Adwords API.

I suspect this is possible because I have seen some companies do it.