Bug: totalsForAllResults not respecting filters

Emily Winck

Mar 25, 2015, 2:56:13 PM3/25/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
At some point in the past year, the functionality of totalsForAllResults changed. For a query that includes filters, the totalsForAllResults value no longer reflects the filters.

For example, this query on a specific profile returns two rows, having filters=ga:sessions<10:

Result:
{ ...
"totalsForAllResults":{"ga:sessions":"2316"},
"rows":[["directmail","3"],["PR","1"]]
}

As you can see, however, totalsForAllResults is returning a much larger value - a value that is correct if no filters are applied.

Can this be fixed? The only alternative I see at this point is to resort to summing the row values, which is far from ideal.

Emily Winck

Mar 25, 2015, 3:42:47 PM3/25/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Note: As far as I can tell this was working as expected in January 2015.

gabriel...@clickbus.com.br

May 12, 2015, 4:26:20 PM5/12/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hey I'm having the same issue here. Any updates on this bug?