"Privacy" issue with Google Analytics API and linked Adwords accounts.

mschenkel

Apr 14, 2014, 11:17:46 AM4/14/14
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
This I believe is a serious security/privacy issue with regards to the linking of Google Analytics and Adwords.

I have my Google Analytics linked to my Google Adwords.  And of course I can see my Adwords data via the API.  The concern (and what I think should be Google's), is that when users grant consent via the API for Google Analytics, they are indirectly granting access to their Adwords too (if they are linked).  But Adwords is not displayed on the consent page nor the permissions page.

Again, in my opinion, this should be transparent with users.  Most of the rhectoric concerning the Anaytics<-->Adwords linking is centered around "importing Analytics into Adwords".  But what users don't know is in doing so they are exposing their Adwords data to the Analytics, and additionally anyone that has access to that Analytics data.  Adwords cost data is very sensitive data!