Google Analytics Core Reporting API - Errors 500 & 503

Thy Le

Aug 28, 2015, 3:48:23 AM8/28/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
Hello everybody,

we have been started using the Core Reporting API since a couple of years ago and everything works fine. Since the last 2-3 weeks we cannot query any data from the Core Reporting API anymore and get the following errors.

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR (500):

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE (503):

We have connected to the API using python and have do not change anything, just doing as is usual.

I would appreciate if anybody can help us with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Thy

Matt

Aug 28, 2015, 11:05:40 AM8/28/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
If you haven't done so already you should take a look at the error response page for the core reporting API. A 500 or 503 error might result during heavy load or for larger more complex requests. For larger requests consider requesting data for a shorter time period. Also consider implementing exponential backoff. The frequency of these errors can be dependent on the view (profile) and the amount of reporting data associated with that view; A query that causes a500 or 503 error for one view (profile) will not necessarily cause an error for the same query with a different view (profile).

-Matt