Retreiving adwords keyword information for a unique visitors

Auke V

Mar 27, 2015, 6:52:00 PM3/27/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to do the following:

1. Register a visit in our own database and in GA.
2. Retreive Adwords keyword, adgroup, campaign information from the Analytics API and import this in our own database?

Adwords and Analytics will be connect so the keyword information is available.

Is this possible and how? I know we can get this information from the ADwords API and a gclid using the CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT. So we could save the gclid and then once a day import the necessary information to our database.

The problem is I don't want to use the Adwords API, only the Analytics API. This because we will be working with sites and accounts from third parties and we already have permission (aoth2) to access their analytics and don't want to ask also for Adwords access.

Auke V

Mar 27, 2015, 7:02:28 PM3/27/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Just an idea: Would it be possible to do this by inserting a custom variable into the customers google analytics? This custom variable would be a uniquely generated visitor id that we also have in our own database. We could then use this id to retrieve the information via the Analytics API.