"Compare to Past" Data via API

Kiran Patil

Nov 16, 2011, 4:41:34 AM11/16/11
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to understand if there is an analytics API available which can return to me a comparison of data based on date ranges. I am aware of the "compare to past" feature with the Google Analytics website but I want to check if this is something is is exposed out and available via an API as well. Basically, I would like to submit to the API 2 date ranges and the API returns to me the comparison trend in terms of % and absolute value changes.

Nick

Nov 16, 2011, 10:17:14 AM11/16/11
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Currently no, you have to issue two queries for each of your date
ranges, then do the comparison.

Supporting 2 date ranges like in the UI is probably a good feature
request.

I'd be interested to see how many other developers would find this
useful.

-Nick

Kiran Patil

Nov 17, 2011, 1:48:12 AM11/17/11
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nick,

Thanks for your response!

Yeah -- We also think that!

-Kiran

Aharon Feinstein

Nov 10, 2014, 12:53:32 PM11/10/14
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Been a few years since the last post, but I would find this feature very useful.

Danny Lewandowski

Aug 28, 2015, 11:01:45 AM8/28/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
I would also like to know if this is an option. Have not seen any documentation on it and would be great to have this feature.