Google Analytics API Quota Usage Shows "No Data"

Stefan Byrd-Krueger

Apr 17, 2014, 12:01:07 PM4/17/14
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hey forum,

I've been making use of the GA API via 3rd party tools like Excellent Analytics and SEOTools plugins for excel and "Nick"'s (magic) Google Apps Scripts for Google Spreadsheets. I hit a snag today (that I've since recovered from) and went to check https://console.developers.google.com/project to see if I was hitting my quota limit, but even though I make use of the API on a daily basis the console shows "no data" for all of time.

Based on a browse of docs and forums (especially about two thirds of the way through the video on this page: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/limits-quotas) I am guessing that the 3rd party tools I'm using are not reporting a project ID (which makes sense because I never provided one). I assume that my usage is being tracked at the m...@gmail.com level, but I cannot find a report on this!

Thanks in advance for any guidance (and hopefully links to a page that will show me how many requests my tools have sent as me).

chris@shufflepoint

Apr 18, 2014, 10:50:11 AM4/18/14
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
If you use a 3rd party tool where you don't enter your own project name and secret, then it is the tool provider quota that is being consumed.