Google analytics core reporting API : 2 000 000 cells limit

Frederik Vermeire

Mar 4, 2015, 9:08:28 AM3/4/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com

Dear Community

Now we have a big client which is using your GA Spreadsheet Add-on.

In their spreadsheet they have more than 60 tabs. Each spreadsheet creates standardly 1000 rows and 26 columns (which makes 26.000 cells). When we make the sum they use 26.000 cells * 60 = 1 560 000 (which is not far away from the 2 000 000 cells limit).

Is there any possibility that when a new tab is created it only creates the rows & columns needed when there is data filled in.

Example in attachment

It would be great that when this tab is created through the report configuration that it only creates 89 lines (instead of 1000) and 2 columns (instead of 26).

Thanks for feedback.

Frederik

Duo.be

PastedGraphic-5.tiff

Claudia Guirao

Mar 5, 2015, 10:01:21 AM3/5/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com

My suggestion in this case is to export (and translate) all your reports to R + RGA package. There's practically no limitations and it will work faster and better.

If your are used to work with datasheets it could be difficult at first but will save you a lot of time and "nightmares".

Hope it helps!

Frederik Vermeire

Mar 6, 2015, 8:07:39 AM3/6/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Dear,

Can you give me more information about the R + RGA package (do you have a URL?) so I can explore this feature.

Kind Regards,
Frederik

Claudia Guirao

Mar 6, 2015, 8:52:43 AM3/6/15