Have Google Analytics code but do not know email used for account

Luke Douglas

Apr 29, 2015, 9:25:24 PM4/29/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
I have a site which we have a Google Analytics code setup but I do not know what email account was used to set it up as I've taken over maintenance for the site.  I don't want the client to lose any Google Analytics tracking.  Anyone know of how I can determine what email account was used to setup a Google Analytics account?

Thanks.

Luke

Linda Lawton

May 20, 2015, 3:09:18 AM5/20/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
You cant create them a new account.

Luke Douglas

May 20, 2015, 2:23:25 PM5/20/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Linda,

Did you mean "You can create them a new account"?  Sure, I know that.  I was just trying to find out which email address was used for the one they have installed on their website now so we can retain the historical information.  If I create a new one, it's just starting over.  Unfortunately, the previous website firm is not cooperative in assisting by providing us with login credentials on several things including Google Analytics.

Luke

Linda Lawton

May 20, 2015, 3:50:02 PM5/20/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
I really hate companies like that this is your website this is your data holding it hostage should be illegal. But unfortunately it's not. There is no way for you to find out what the email / google analytics account is associated with your website. You will probably have to except that the data is lost and start with a fresh account.

Make sure it's an account owned by the company this time.

Linda

Luke Douglas

May 20, 2015, 5:04:04 PM5/20/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Linda,

Thanks for the feedback.  We added a new one and we did use an email address that my client controls. :)

Luke