Fetch goal steps data

Wim Vandersmissen

Oct 8, 2012, 9:02:21 AM10/8/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently looking into the core reporting API v3 and ran into an issue. Basically, we want to read the full goal data (including all steps that have been defined and their respective stats).

In the reference documentation I only see how you can get the goal starts and goal completions. We could of course fetch the stats filtered by path (using regular expressions) and use the path as a dimension, but that results in a lot (1000+ for 1 step in 1 month) of different hits (because we're using GET parameters on some of the pages, based on user input).

We can also fetch all goals and steps using the Management API (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/mgmtReference/management/goals/list), but that doesn't return any stats, just the goals (and steps) as they were defined.

So is there an easy way to either get the goal data including all steps using the core reporting API, or alternatively is there a way to group results by path data (ie. by ignoring query parameters)?

Mark

Apr 4, 2013, 10:28:41 AM4/4/13
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Anybody figure this out?  I'm also interested.

Aaron Toledo

Apr 9, 2013, 10:56:06 AM4/9/13
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
You can try a regex against ga:pagepath. For example "ga:pagepath=~^/folder/index\.html.*$" would look for "/folder/index.html" and it would ignore any parameters at the end of the path.

Berethor

Oct 13, 2015, 9:25:49 AM10/13/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
If you figured this one out it would be great if you can share

Berethor

Oct 15, 2015, 3:57:06 AM10/15/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
Did you figure this one out?