No data when setting segment to Paid Traffic (gaid::-4)

mschenkel

Mar 25, 2015, 10:19:31 PM3/25/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
This query returns valid paid search traffic data:

It was my understanding that Paid Search Traffic is represented by gaid=-4.  So I would assume that adding condition on segment that it be Paid Search Traffic I should get the same results (or at least some data).  This is because my dimension and metrics only apply for Paid Search traffic.  But instead I get NO data:

What is interesting is that in the results from the query that includes the Paid Search Traffic segment, I see the following tag:

dxp:segment id="gaid::-4" name="Paid Traffic">
<dxp:definition>
sessions
::condition::ga:medium=~^(cpc|ppc|cpa|cpm|cpv|cpp)$
</dxp:definition>
</
dxp:segment>

mschenkel

Mar 25, 2015, 10:25:43 PM3/25/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - forgot to conclude with my question: Why when setting the segment to Paid Traffic am I not getting any data?  The data represented by the metrics and dimensions relate only to Paid Traffic data.