Need formula to calculate Users metric

Gayatri Krishnan

Sep 25, 2015, 4:10:14 AM9/25/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
Hi,

I am pulling data through API using various dimensions and metrics(Date, Country, User Type, Users, Sessions, Page Views, Pages/Session, Avg Session Duration, Bounce Rate, % New Sessions )for particular period.We have created a custom sample dashboard in Google Analytics using the same dimensions and metrics. We are trying to replicate a similar dashboard with a reporting tool and have found that the no.of users doesn't match with the custom dashboard. Most of the formulas that we use match except the no.of Users. We have read through the term definition but unable to figure out what are we missing. The definition found in Google dashboard says numbers of users who had at least 1 session in the date range and includes both new and returning visitor. Can someone help me in figuring how to calculate the value?

Cheers,
Gayatri

Matt

Sep 25, 2015, 12:53:34 PM9/25/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
Hello,
Is sampling an issue? You can adjust the sampling level of the API or query for a shorter date range if it.

Are you querying for data that is more then 24 old or are you including todays date? Data processing can take up to 24 hours to process so if you looking at data that is too recent perhaps the processing has been adjusted.

Are there any differences in the segments or filters being used?
Verify you are querying the same view (profile), views with user id enabled with have different values then views without user id enabled.

There is no formula, only the ga:users metric.

-Matt

Gayatri Krishnan

Sep 28, 2015, 6:48:40 PM9/28/15
to Google Analytics Reporting API
Thanks Matt for your quick reply.

I am fetching data for the period starting from Jan to current date. I am note sure if this create an issue since all other metrics match except Users.
The userId value is enabled and is being passed through in the ETL process. I have to check if there are any differences in the segments or filters being used.

Thanks,
Gayatri