Language translation Daily Limit

john729

Nov 9, 2010, 3:13:58 PM11/9/10
to Google AJAX APIs
I have developed simple desktop application that translate text by
Google language translation.
Its per day limit is 100,000. If this limit exceeds then google
responding by error.
If i want to increase this limit, then what to do? Or have to create
multiple applications key if one expires then use other?

Note: this is simple desktop utility.

Regards,
John

Marcos Farias

Nov 9, 2010, 5:01:42 PM11/9/10
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I don't have much experience with this API but I would also check if
there is some sort of restriction based on the client IP address.

Regards

> --

----------------------
Marcos Farias
http://www.jornalismocidadao.com.br/
http://twitter.com/MarcosFariasBr

Jeremy Geerdes

Nov 9, 2010, 6:55:44 PM11/9/10
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
According to Adam Feldman, a member of the dev team, the restrictions are on a per-application key basis. Once you activate the API in the Console, you should be able to go to the Traffic Controls section of the Console and find a list of the active APIs on the given project. On the far-right of the page, there should be a link to "Request more..."

It should be noted that the form on that page will simply ask you for your expected traffic numbers. I have no idea if they will just give you what you expect or how they will determine what to raise your usage limit to. Further, I have no idea how such requests will be processed, reviewed, and implemented. All this to say that it's virtually impossible to say how long it will take for you to get an answer on such a request. I can only assume that the dev team will implement some sort of automated system with manual review, so you may have to be patient.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Effective website design & development
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.com
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!