Admob for WP7 Crashes application. ERROR 80020101

Iñaki Vitoria

Nov 11, 2011, 6:57:26 AM11/11/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
When the application starts an exception occurs and it closes the app.

Has anybody the same problem?

Has anyone fix it?

This is the code of my MainPage.xaml.

<phone:PhoneApplicationPage
    x:Class="AdMob.MainPage"
    xmlns:phone="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone"
    xmlns:shell="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Shell;assembly=Microsoft.Phone"
    mc:Ignorable="d" d:DesignWidth="480" d:DesignHeight="768"
    FontFamily="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilyNormal}"
    FontSize="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"
    Foreground="{StaticResource PhoneForegroundBrush}"
    SupportedOrientations="Portrait" Orientation="Portrait"
    shell:SystemTray.IsVisible="True">

    <!--LayoutRoot is the root grid where all page content is placed-->
    <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="Transparent">
        <google:BannerAd xmlns:google="clr-namespace:Google.AdMob.Ads.WindowsPhone7.WPF;assembly=Google.AdMob.Ads.WindowsPhone7" AdUnitID="a14e8ec541d5d4b" Grid.Row="0"/>
    </Grid>

</phone:PhoneApplicationPage>

Error StackTrace:

{"An unknown error has occurred. Error: 80020101."}

   at Microsoft.Phone.Controls.NativeMethods.ValidateHResult(Int32 hr)
   at Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowserInterop.InvokeScript(String scriptName, String[] args)
   at Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser.InvokeScript(String scriptName, String[] args)
   at Google.AdMob.Ads.WindowsPhone7.WPF.DisplayAdBase.<>c__DisplayClass36.<RunScripts>b__34()
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(RuntimeMethodInfo rtmi, Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeOne(Object[] args)
   at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Dispatch(DispatcherPriority priority)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.OnInvoke(Object context)
   at System.Windows.Hosting.CallbackCookie.Invoke(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Hosting.DelegateWrapper.InternalInvoke(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ManagedHost.InvokeDelegate(IntPtr pHandle, Int32 nParamCount, ScriptParam[] pParams, ScriptParam& pResult)

Wojtas

Nov 17, 2011, 6:32:55 AM11/17/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same here. It worked like week ago or so for about 1h - I saw test ads. It doesn't work since then. I had to remove ads from AdMob.

Michael

Nov 19, 2011, 3:48:46 AM11/19/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Same here. I encountered it when I upgraded from the AdMob SDK from
4.0.1 to 4.0.4.

I'm developing for WP7.1. If I go back to 4.01, I can see ads but
they don't open in the browser on the phone or the emulator.

Guy Munton Jackson

Nov 22, 2011, 2:54:28 AM11/22/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I posted a workaround for this the other day. Its ugly but it does work.

Zaijian

Guy

Dec 1, 2011, 12:25:12 AM12/1/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
this is not a workarund its just ignoring the error. but you cann't
click on the ad. so no money is generated.

On Nov 21, 11:54 pm, Guy Munton Jackson <dracon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I posted a workaround for this the other day. Its ugly but it does work.
>

> http://code.google.com/mobile/ads/community/?place=topic%2Fgoogle-adm...
>
> Zaijian
>
> Guy

Pavan

May 9, 2012, 4:22:06 AM5/9/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Still seeing this crash...any workaround for this?