Failed to integrate mediation adapters in Unity 5

Anil UK

Apr 22, 2016, 1:08:15 AM4/22/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I am trying to integrate the mediation adapters in a unity android sample project. I have imported all SDK's as per the integration guide.

I have integrated the Google Mobile Ads SDK into Unity according to the developer guide and it could run successfully. But when I was integrating the mediation networks the application it fails with following exception

Fail to instantiate adapter GADMAdapterVungleRewardBasedVideoAd

android.os.RemoteException

at com.google.android.gms.internal.zzew.zzai(Unknown Source)

at com.google.android.gms.internal.zzew.zzah(Unknown Source)

at com.google.android.gms.internal.zzew.zzaf(Unknown Source)

at com.google.android.gms.internal.zzex$zza.onTransact(Unknown Source)

at android.os.Binder.transact(Binder.java:380)

at maps.an.b$a$a.a(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:94)

at maps.ay.c.b(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:194)

at maps.az.f.a(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:53)

at maps.be.a$1.run(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:19)

at maps.be.e$2.call(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:52)

at maps.be.e$3.run(:com.google.android.gms.alldynamite:75)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:422)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Fail to instantiate adapter GADMAdapterAppLovinRewardBasedVideoAd

[...]

Fail to instantiate adapter GADMAdapterChartboost

[...]

Fail to instantiate adapter GADMAdapterUnity

[...]

Fail to instantiate adapter GADMAdapterAdColony

[...]

Do I need to call the instantiation call for each ad network explicitly with their appkey and secretkey ?

I am using Unity 5.2.2f1 and have integrated Google Mobile Ads SDK 3.0.3.

Regards
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 22, 2016, 2:52:35 PM4/22/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

Would you be able to recheck your Ad Unit IDs just to make sure that there is no issue there? For Unity Android build, all you need to do is copy the required Mediation Adaptors and the network SDK into Assets -> Plugins -> Android -> GoogleMobileAdsPlugin -> libs folder. I have tested for Charboost and was successfully able to load RewardVideo Ads. You can also send us your Ad Unit ID (You can reply to us privately) to check if there is any issue there.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

Apr 26, 2016, 6:46:52 AM4/26/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

Thanks for the reply. Instead of integrating all the adapters once I tried a unity sample with only chartboost mediation adapter. Here is the steps I have followed.

1. Created a new project in unity

2. Downloaded and imported the GoogleMobileAds.unitypackage to the new project

3. Downloaded and imported google play services unity package

4. I have downloaded the android adapter file from the following link

https://dl.google.com/googleadmobadssdk/adapterchartboostandroid.zip

and copied the ChartboostAdapter.jar to Assets>Plugins>Android folder added the chartboost activity to my androidmanifest as mentioned in the ReadMe file along with the adapter

5. Downloaded the chartboost android SDK(as mentioned the ReadMe file) from the following link

https://answers.chartboost.com/hc/en-us/articles/201219545-Android-Integration#quickstart

and copied only  the chartboost.jar from the SDK folder to Assets>Plugins>Android folder.

6. Build the application.

When launch the application I am getting this exception

[...]

I have the following questions.

1. Am I missing something here ?

2. Do I have import the Chartboost Unity plugin(if it is the case does it applicable to rest of the mediation networks also).

3. Is there way that I can check my adapter integration is proper ?

I have also attached my script and screenshot of the Plugins>Android folder along with this.

Regards

Anil

AdmobManager.cs
Plugins.png

Anil UK

Apr 26, 2016, 6:51:39 AM4/26/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

Incase I need to pass you the Ad Unit ID privately, how can I do that ? Can you provide me your emailID.

Regards,
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 26, 2016, 10:16:52 AM4/26/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

Do look out for an email from us. You can reply to that to send your Ad Unit ID.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 26, 2016, 11:24:37 AM4/26/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

I would suggest you to follow these steps to mediate Reward Video Interstitials in Unity on your Android device:
  • Create a new Unity project. Download the Mobile Ads Unity plugin and then import it.
  • Next copy over our demo script into your Assets folder. Make sure that you place over your Ad Unit ID here.
  • Create a new empty GameObject. Add the script as the component. Edit your Player Settings and make sure that you update the Bundle Identifier. Add your scene.
  • Then copy the Chartboost's Android Mediation adaptor into Assets -> Plugins -> Android -> GoogleMobileAdsPlugin -> libs. All of your JAR files go in here. Including the Charboost's Android SDK, which must go into this folder only.
    • From your screenshot, it looks like you are copying directly into Assets -> Plugins -> Android. Fix this and you would be good to go.
  • Update the AndroidManifest file to include their Activity and make a build.
Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

Apr 27, 2016, 1:06:18 AM4/27/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,,

I have followed the steps you have suggested and I have enabled test ads in my chartboost account, but while running the app the video ad loading fails with message "HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: No Fill".

Regards
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 27, 2016, 10:57:31 AM4/27/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

If you are receiving no fills, then there might be an issue with your Ad Unit ID. Make sure that you have properly set up Reward Mediation in your account and have used the correct, App ID, App Signature, App Bundle ID from Chartboost. Also note that it would take certain time for your Mediation network to kick in. If this persists, I would suggest you to send us your Ad Unit ID for us to look into.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Message has been deleted

Anil UK

Apr 28, 2016, 12:30:19 AM4/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,,

I have sent Ad Unit ID as reply to the private mail from mobiles sdk support.

Regards
Anil

Anil UK

Apr 28, 2016, 12:47:44 AM4/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

With respect to integration of AppLovin android mediation SDK integration I couldn't find mediation adapter jar files at the following GitHub link AppLovinSDK instead I found the .java classes. I hope copying them along with the AppLovin Android SDK  to the folder Assets -> Plugins -> Android -> GoogleMobileAdsPlugin -> libs  would do the trick.

Regards,
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 28, 2016, 2:14:19 PM4/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

I have looked into your Ad Unit ID and I could not find any issue with your set up at the AdMob account side. When you receive No-Fill errors, it means that while the AdRequest was successful, there were no creatives from the ad inventory to be served. Ensure that you have at least one Reward Video Interstitial creative in your Chartboost account. Once you have done so, you must be able to receive ads (It might take a few hours before these get served). For now, you can test your implementation by using this Ad Unit ID: ca-app-pub-6745644712123529/3015904498.

As to your query with AppLovin, you would be good to go with those java classes once you have copied them to Assets -> Plugins -> Android -> GoogleMobileAdsPlugin -> libs folder.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

May 2, 2016, 1:53:50 AM5/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I have tested with the Ad Unit ID that you have passed still video ad loading fails with message "HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: No Fill".

Regards
Anil

Anil UK

May 2, 2016, 2:06:18 AM5/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I also wanted to know is there support for Ad Mob Native Ads in unity. If yes, where can get the unity plugin for that?

Regards
Anil

XxxFuTureKoLerGaMxxX .

May 2, 2016, 5:12:38 AM5/2/16
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for informing me. I will fix it as soon as possible

--

---

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 2, 2016, 12:28:38 PM5/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

I forgot to mention that you need to use this Bundle ID: com.google.ad along with my Ad Unit ID: ca-app-pub-6745644712123529/3015904498  for any Reward Based Interstitial Ads to be served via the Chartboost ad network. Do let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 2, 2016, 12:41:06 PM5/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

Also, currently the Mobile Ads plugin for Unity does not support Native Ads.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

May 3, 2016, 12:50:13 AM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

Where am I suppose to use this Bundle ID ?. If it is the manifest we are already using our application bundle ID there. Do you have any document or example on this ?.

Regards
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 3, 2016, 10:08:15 AM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

You can update the Bundle ID at File -> Build Settings -> Player Settings (Android) -> Under Bundle Identifier. You must not change it via the Android Manifest file.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

May 4, 2016, 12:23:51 AM5/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have tested the app with Ad Unit ID and bundle ID you have sent, but the app still fails to serve the video ad with message "HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: No Fill”.

Regards,
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 4, 2016, 2:29:27 PM5/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

Would you be able to send us the complete debug log after the AdRequest was made? I would also suggest you to test this sample app, which only consists Chartboost meditation set up for Reward Interstitial. Try to directly build that app on to your device and let us know if you are still facing issues.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

May 5, 2016, 6:46:26 AM5/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

I have attached the log file along with this. I have tested the sample you have sent, still I am getting the "No Fill" message.

Regards,
Anil
Logcat.txt

Anil UK

May 5, 2016, 6:48:25 AM5/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I am building this app on Unity version 5.2.2f1.

Regards
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 5, 2016, 12:51:48 PM5/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

Since I have been receiving the ads, the issue could be due to your network. I would suggest you to try testing on a different network. Also, try by using this Build ID: com.scopo.charttest and let us know if that works. You can also send us your Charles Proxy log for us to debug this.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anil UK

May 10, 2016, 12:22:54 AM5/10/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

I have tested other Ad Networks like Vungle and Unity with the same sample it is working fine, I am getting the rewarded videos. But with AdColony and Chartboost I am getting the "No Fill" message. I have tested the chartboost APPID and SecretKey with the Chartboost Unity plugin with test mode enabled, it is working fine. So it does not seem like issue with the network.

With the AppLovin I am getting the following exception

Fail to instantiate adapter com.applovin.mediation.ApplovinAdapter
[...]
Failed to load ad: 3
HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: No fill

Is this a integration issue ?. I have tested the same with the AppLovin sample that you have mentioned in the topic "Unity 5 integration problem".  but still I am getting the above exception.

Regards,
Anil

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 10, 2016, 4:30:12 PM5/10/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Anil,

I would need your Charles Proxy log for all of the Mediation networks that you are seeing issues with. Also for Chartboost, I have created another personal Ad Unit ID: ca-app-pub-6745644712123529/8113424093 with Bundle ID: com.sc.rewtst for Unity Android Player Settings. Do test using this and let us know.

As for AdColony, I have just tested the sample app and have been able to receive ads. I would suggest you to create your own Ad Unit ID and see if you are able to get any ads. If not, send us this Ad Unit ID and we would have a swing at it as well to determine the issue.

Finally, for AppLovin, I have not included any test Ad Unit ID in the sample app. You would again have to create your own to test the integration. I have just tested AppLovin's sample app as well and have been receiving ads from the Mediation adaptor. Failing to instantiate the mediation adaptor error could be due to an issue with your Ad Unit ID.

If you have any doubts about creating the proper Mediation settings in those Ad Networks, then I would also recommend that you contact their support directly. If you feel that you have the proper settings on the Mediation network account, then you can also contact our AdMob Product Help Center for integration at our end.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Fehr Hassan

Sep 4, 2016, 8:13:48 PM9/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun Busani,

I have the same issue with Unity ads and Charboost ads but it works fine for Vungle and Adcolony :(, could you please tell me the proper steps to integrate both networks with Admob
 Thanks in Advance.

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 6, 2016, 10:25:50 AM9/6/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Fehr,

Certainly I would be able to help you with this. The first thing that you need to add is the Mediation networks SDK and Adaptor into your Unity project. Then declare their activities in the manifest and then you must be able to load ads. You can get all of that information from this link. Also, I have a sample app, which includes mentioned the ad networks. Give it a try and let us know if you were able to load ads.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Pranjal Singh

Sep 28, 2016, 8:53:05 AM9/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun,

I tried the sample app that you have mentioned in the post. I am trying to make Unity Ads Reward video work and its not working. I replaced the adunit ids, changed the package name but still it fails to load the ad. Below are the logs.

09-28 18:12:52.009 24563-24563/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble I/Ads: Starting ad request.
09-28 18:12:52.351 24563-24813/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble W/Ads: There was a problem getting an ad response. ErrorCode: 0
09-28 18:12:52.353 24563-24563/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble W/Ads: Failed to load ad: 0
09-28 18:12:52.372 24563-24563/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble I/Unity: HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: Internal error
                                                                 UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
                                                                 UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
                                                                 UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
                                                                 UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
                                                                 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:print(Object)
                                                                 GoogleMobileAdsDemoScript:HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad(Object, AdFailedToLoadEventArgs) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/Downloads/Vungle MAD 3.0.3/Assets/Scripts/GoogleMobileAdsDemoScript.cs:323)
                                                                 GoogleMobileAds.Api.RewardBasedVideoAd:<RewardBasedVideoAd>m__1C(Object, AdFailedToLoadEventArgs) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/Downloads/Vungle MAD 3.0.3/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Api/RewardBasedVideoAd.cs:60)
                                                                 GoogleMobileAds.Android.RewardBasedVideoAdClient:onAdFailedToLoad(String) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/Downloads/Vungle MAD 3.0.3/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Platforms/Android/RewardBasedVideoAdClient.cs:84)
                                                                 System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
                                                                 System.Reflection.MonoMetho

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 28, 2016, 11:48:07 AM9/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Pranjal,

An error code 0 would usually indicate a newly created Ad Unit ID. It sometimes takes a few hours for ads to start kicking in and I would suggest you to try again in sometime and let us know. If it is still the case, then do share your Ad Unit ID with us.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Pranjal Singh

Sep 29, 2016, 1:51:10 AM9/29/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun,

Thank you for a quick response Arjun. I have been confronting issues only with rewarded ads. Here is the ad unit id ca-app-pub-7632289950806144/9340333092.

We created it a few weeks back so I don't think so that it is about time. It is related to something else. We have already spent weeks on correcting it. Please help us in resolving it.

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 29, 2016, 10:12:46 AM9/29/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Pranjal,

I was able to load Reward Video ads from your Ad Unit ID. Can you try with this sample app and let us know?

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Pranjal Singh

Oct 2, 2016, 7:09:03 AM10/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun,

Thanks for the help.
The sample project that have you sent me seems to be working fine for both interstitial and rewarded video. I tested Applovin an Unity Ads together.
I had unity ads services enabled in the project which was creating the issue. I disabled it and everything seems to be working fine in my project too.

Thanks again
Pranjal.

Pranjal Singh

Oct 4, 2016, 7:21:24 AM10/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer Arjun,

The Admob mediation is working fine but I am facing issue with rewarded video in my project. The callback functions seems not to be working. Need help with this.
Below are the logs that might help you to understand the problem.
Thanks

04 16:39:40.736 4925-4925/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble I/Unity: ON AD REWARD
                                                               UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
                                                               UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
                                                               UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
                                                               UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
                                                               UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:print(Object)
                                                               AdsController:RewardBasedVideo_OnAdRewarded(Object, Reward)
                                                               GoogleMobileAds.Api.RewardBasedVideoAd:<RewardBasedVideoAd>m__1EC(Object, Reward) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Api/RewardBasedVideoAd.cs:75)
                                                               GoogleMobileAds.Android.RewardBasedVideoAdClient:onAdRewarded(String, Single) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Platforms/Android/RewardBasedVideoAdClient.cs:108)
                                                               System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
                                                               System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
                                                               System.Reflection.
10-04 16:39:40.740 4925-4925/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble E/Unity: Find can only be called from the main thread.
                                                               Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
                                                               Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
                                                               UnityEngine.GameObject:Find(String)
                                                               AdsController:RewardCallBack() (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/Standard Ads/Scripts/AdsController.cs:593)
                                                               AdsController:RewardBasedVideo_OnAdRewarded(Object, Reward) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/Standard Ads/Scripts/AdsController.cs:214)
                                                               GoogleMobileAds.Api.RewardBasedVideoAd:<RewardBasedVideoAd>m__1EC(Object, Reward) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Api/RewardBasedVideoAd.cs:75)
                                                               GoogleMobileAds.Android.RewardBasedVideoAdClient:onAdRewarded(String, Single) (at /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/GoogleMobileAds/Platforms/An
10-04 16:39:40.744 4925-4925/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble I/Unity: ArgumentException: Find can only be called from the main thread.
                                                               Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
                                                               Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
                                                                 at AdsController.RewardCallBack () [0x00000] in /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/Standard Ads/Scripts/AdsController.cs:593
                                                                 at AdsController.RewardBasedVideo_OnAdRewarded (System.Object sender, GoogleMobileAds.Api.Reward e) [0x0000a] in /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooking-Scramble Android/Assets/Standard Ads/Scripts/AdsController.cs:214
                                                                   at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler`1<GoogleMobileAds.Api.Reward>:invoke_void__this___object_Reward (object,GoogleMobileAds.Api.Reward)
                                                                 at GoogleMobileAds.Api.RewardBasedVideoAd.<RewardBasedVideoAd>m__1EC (System.Object sender, GoogleMobileAds.Api.Reward args) [0x00000] in /Users/pranjalsingh/FlowmotionProjects/Cooki
10-04 16:39:40.746 4925-4925/com.fme.Cooking.Scramble D/PhoneWindow: state.preset = false, color: -16777216, translucent = 0

Pranjal Singh

Oct 4, 2016, 7:41:16 AM10/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Veer,

I have figured it out. It was because development build was ticked in the build settings. Callbacks are firing now.
Thanks