gonum@IEEE ?

Seb Binet

Mar 22, 2016, 2:03:22 PM3/22/16
to gonu...@googlegroups.com
hi there,

the IEEE-NSS Conference will take place this year between 29 October
and 6 November in Strasbourg (France): http://2016.nss-mic.org/nss.php

I plan to attend and submit a talk for "my" go stuff (for High Energy
Physics and astrophysics/cosmology.)

Is anybody from gonum planning to attend as well?

If nobody (except me) is planning to, I could perhaps throw a few
things about gonum together, most probably as a poster.

What do you think?

-s

PS:
It will include a track on "Advanced computing and software for
experiments” with the following description:

Computing and Software for Experiments has undergone rapid growth in
recent years and is now among the most active topics within the NSS.
Large increases in data throughput, processing power, and experiment
complexity, as well as unprecedented demands on measurement precision,
have all contributed to an increased emphasis on computing and
software needed to collect and analyze data. Concurrent advances in
computing platforms and analysis tools are required to keep pace. The
NSS sessions on Computing and Software will cover wide range of tools
and applications in the field, with an emphasis on submission that
address the following:

Techniques:

Workflow Management
Frameworks and pipelines
Large-scale data stores
High Level Triggering
Reconstruction Methods
Monte Carlo Simulation
Signal Extraction
Machine Learning
Fitting and Optimization

Applications:

Medical Physics
Nuclear Security
Radiation Detections
High Energy and Nuclear Physics
Astrophysics and Space Science

Challenges:

Realtime Data Reduction and Fusion
Highly Parallel and Hybrid Architectures
Distributed Computing and Distributed Data Management
Large/Complex Data Sets

Dave Mazzoni

Mar 22, 2016, 6:24:47 PM3/22/16
to gonum-dev
Sebastien,
  It would be fantastic if you could/would present what you've done. If you're in interested, I'll send you some examples -- mainly using complex matrix operations in signals analysis -- that I've been working with. Unfortunately I'm down for the count because my machine crashed. I have everything in a git repo. I just need to get around link errors I'm getting while rebuilding my development machine...

Best -
Dave

Seb Binet

Mar 30, 2016, 5:30:43 PM3/30/16
to Dave Mazzoni, gonum-dev
Dave,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Dave Mazzoni <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sebastien,
> It would be fantastic if you could/would present what you've done. If
> you're in interested, I'll send you some examples -- mainly using complex
> matrix operations in signals analysis -- that I've been working with.
> Unfortunately I'm down for the count because my machine crashed. I have
> everything in a git repo. I just need to get around link errors I'm getting
> while rebuilding my development machine...

the abstract submission deadline is May 3rd, so we still have time.

-s

Dave Mazzoni

Mar 30, 2016, 7:26:06 PM3/30/16
to Seb Binet, gonum-dev
Sebastien,
  I could offer a couple different go programs that use of the clapack.Zgeev function from the OpenBLAS library. Would that be interesting? If so, I would welcome code comments from others with more experience in preparing code you might present.