Is there mat32 API and impl ?

Zhang,Lei(Ecom)

Jul 6, 2015, 6:30:12 AM7/6/15
to gonu...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'd like to have a float32 based Matrix and Vector library, but gonum  seems only have a mat64 version. I don't need complex matrix algorithm like SVD or Cholesky decomposition etc. I just need methods on a dense matrix like those in the dense.go file. What's your recommendation ?  Do I just copy the neccessary mat64 code of Dense and Vector and change all float64 to float32 ?

Best Regards,

Zhang Lei

Baidu, Inc.

Brendan Tracey

Jul 6, 2015, 9:59:59 AM7/6/15
to Zhang,Lei(Ecom), gonu...@googlegroups.com
It probably depends on which functions you need. We do have a blas32 implementation, so if all you need are the blas functions (matrix multiply, triangular solve), it’s probably easiest to just work with godoc.org/github.com/gonum/blas/blas32. Otherwise, copy and replace is likely the best.