gonum/plot migration to gonum.org/v1/plot

Sebastien Binet

Aug 28, 2017, 4:31:41 PM8/28/17
to gonu...@googlegroups.com
hi there,

as mentioned here:

with relevant PRs here:

we plan to migrate the import of gonum/plot from:

to:

The switch shall happen Monday the 4th of September.

Unlike the migration of github.com/gonum/{matrix, stat, ...} to their gonum.org/v1/gonum/{mat,stat,...} counterparts that left the originals unchanged and still-working, we can't do that for gonum/plot.

so you'll have to update your code.

the good news is that it's very easy:

$> cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/me/pkg

$> fiximports -replace "github.com/gonum/plot=gonum.org/v1/plot"  ./...

and, to fix non-go files:

$> find $GOPATH/src/github.com/me/pkg \
  -type f \
  -exec sed -i -e 's|"github.com/gonum/plot|"gonum.org/v1/plot|g' {} \;

The other good news is that after that n-th migration, we'll be in good shape to provide (finally?) stable import paths.

If that doesn't work for you, or if you have any issue with the migration, feel free to comment here or on one of the PRs.

cheers,
sebastien.