Gonum Repository Organization Questions

Brendan Hans

Jul 6, 2017, 9:27:48 AM7/6/17
to gonum-dev
So I was looking through the Gonum repositories and I was a little confused about some of the organization. I noticed that Gonum has a lot of repositories that have the same name as sub folders in the Gonum repository. Here are some examples:
As a side note, why is https://github.com/gonum/plot one of the few packages that is not duplicated?

Brendan Tracey

Jul 6, 2017, 9:32:27 AM7/6/17
to Brendan Hans, gonum-dev
On Jul 6, 2017, at 7:27 AM, Brendan Hans <brendan.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

So I was looking through the Gonum repositories and I was a little confused about some of the organization. I noticed that Gonum has a lot of repositories that have the same name as sub folders in the Gonum repository. Here are some examples:

All of those repositories are deprecated. We’re currently in the middle of the transition from github.com/gonum/<pkg-name> imports to gonum.org/v1/gonum/<pkg-name>

As a side note, why is https://github.com/gonum/plot one of the few packages that is not duplicated?

Because we have split off plot from the main gonum repository. It has different enough requirements to justify making it a fully different project.

Brendan Hans

Jul 6, 2017, 9:36:01 AM7/6/17
to gonum-dev, brendan.h...@gmail.com
That makes sense. The old repositories should probably get their readme files updated to say they are deprecated and link to the new project.

Sebastien Binet

Jul 6, 2017, 12:19:00 PM7/6/17
to Brendan Hans, gonum-dev
That's:

(Apologies for the trouble with the migration)

Cheers,
-s

sent from my droid