Contribution Guidelines

Jonathan Lawlor

Nov 2, 2016, 9:17:36 PM11/2/16
to gonum-dev
We've been putting together some contribution guidelines for the gonum project, and there is an initial proposal that has gone through initial review at https://github.com/gonum/license/pull/26.  Those guidelines will affect anyone contributing so we would like broad acceptance before merging.  I personally think they are pretty unobjectionable, but if anyone has any objections, or wants parts reworked or clarified then please either explain why here or (preferably) on the pull request.

There are a few unresolved issues in the pull request as well:

Should it be gonum, Gonum, or GoNum?

Are the current package descriptions satisfactory?  If not, what should replace them?

Brendan Tracey

Nov 3, 2016, 11:38:09 AM11/3/16
to gonum-dev
Thanks for working on this.

I submitted some ideas on package descriptions.

I do not like GoNum. I'm okay with gonum or Gonum, probably leaning toward the latter since it is a proper noun.

Jonathan Lawlor

Nov 7, 2016, 3:57:28 PM11/7/16
to gonum-dev
I have merged the contribution guidelines at https://github.com/gonum/license