Changing gonum/quad to gonum/integrate

71 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Brendan Tracey

chưa đọc,
15:08:13 24 thg 5, 201624/5/16
đến gonum-dev
There has been a proposal to move gonum/quad to gonum/integrate/quad and to add more routines. The proposal is https://github.com/gonum/quad/pull/17#issuecomment-221329072 , and see the rest of the PR for more context. Please let us know if you have any objections. Nothing imports it according to godoc, but I know at least I'm using it in my work.

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
13:10:59 25 thg 5, 201625/5/16
đến Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Brendan Tracey <tracey....@gmail.com> wrote:
There has been a proposal to move gonum/quad to gonum/integrate/quad and to add more routines. The proposal is https://github.com/gonum/quad/pull/17#issuecomment-221329072 , and see the rest of the PR for more context. Please let us know if you have any objections. Nothing imports it according to godoc, but I know at least I'm using it in my work.

(perhaps unsurprisingly) no objection from my end :)

-s

Christopher Nielsen

chưa đọc,
17:17:32 28 thg 5, 201628/5/16
đến Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev
As with my other comments in the past, take this with a grain of salt,
since I haven't used gonum extensively. Working on changing that.

I think this makes sense since numerical solutions of integrals can be
done using more than just quadrature.
> --

Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve
neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
blood of patriots & tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

Dan Kortschak

chưa đọc,
20:24:52 28 thg 5, 201628/5/16
đến Christopher Nielsen, Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev

SGTM

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
07:41:32 1 thg 6, 20161/6/16
đến gonum-dev
(resending from the correct address. apologies for the duplicate)

A week in and no complaint.
I guess we can move forward.

how should we proceed?
rename the github repo and move on?
create a new repo and import the old `quad` code (and then move it under its own `quad` directory) ?

the first one may confuse tools (because github will put a redirection in place, so people doing 'go get -u ./quad` will get strange errors)

-s

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Sebastien Binet <bi...@cern.ch> wrote:
A week in and no complaint.
I guess we can move forward.

how should we proceed?
rename the github repo and move on?
create a new repo and import the old `quad` code (and then move it under its own `quad` directory) ?

the first one may confuse tools (because github will put a redirection in place, so people doing 'go get -u ./quad` will get strange errors)

-s

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Dan Kortschak <dan.ko...@adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

SGTM

Brendan Tracey

chưa đọc,
12:29:31 1 thg 6, 20161/6/16
đến Seb Binet, gonum-dev
I don’t think we can directly rename a repository. There’s probably a good way to start a new repository using the commit history of the old one. I’ll look into it tonight.

There’s no sense in keeping gonum/quad. I think only my code will be broken.

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
14:11:27 1 thg 6, 20161/6/16
đến Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev

If you click on 'settings', a web page with a panel allowing to rename the repository will appear.

I suppose that if we go with the second option (creating a brand new repo + importing the history of the old), then a simple way would be to:
- create the new repo,
- choose to 'import from existing repository'
(I used it successfully to import bitbucket and code.google.com repositories)

I can do it if you want.
(Tomorrow, when in front of a real keyboard)

-s

sent from my droid

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
09:10:19 2 thg 6, 20162/6/16
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Seb Binet <seb....@gmail.com> wrote:

If you click on 'settings', a web page with a panel allowing to rename the repository will appear.

I suppose that if we go with the second option (creating a brand new repo + importing the history of the old), then a simple way would be to:
- create the new repo,
- choose to 'import from existing repository'
(I used it successfully to import bitbucket and code.google.com repositories)

I can do it if you want.
(Tomorrow, when in front of a real keyboard)

ah, there is one issue with option 2): the metadata is not carried away.
ie: the PRs and issues won't be part of the new github.com/gonum/integrate

here is what it would look like, with option 2):

going with option 1) and adding a custom-import-path ( package integrate // "github.com/gonum/integrate" ) would fix the loss of repo metadata *and* make sure the build error (for people doing 'go get -u') is clear.

what do you think?

(I can't do the renaming 'quad -> integrate' myself: I don't have enough karma with the gonum project)

-s

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
10:19:04 2 thg 6, 20162/6/16
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Seb Binet <seb....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I see somebody went ahead and renamed quad into integrate.

-s

Brendan Tracey

chưa đọc,
10:21:56 2 thg 6, 20162/6/16
đến Seb Binet, gonum-dev
Sorry for the delay, I do have to work and sleep sometimes :)

-s

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
11:04:18 2 thg 6, 20162/6/16
đến Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev

No worries, I occasionally do these activities as well :)

-s

sent from my droid

Dan Kortschak

chưa đọc,
20:06:47 2 thg 6, 20162/6/16
đến Seb Binet, Brendan Tracey, gonum-dev
On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 15:10 +0200, Seb Binet wrote:
> (I can't do the renaming 'quad -> integrate' myself: I don't have
> enough karma with the gonum project)

I don't think this is true. From what I can see you have write
permissions (maybe someone has added these in response to this comment).

Brendan Tracey

chưa đọc,
03:31:39 3 thg 6, 20163/6/16
đến Dan Kortschak, Seb Binet, gonum-dev
I think you need to be an owner in order to create or rename repositories.

Seb Binet

chưa đọc,
03:34:43 3 thg 6, 20163/6/16
đến Brendan Tracey, Dan Kortschak, gonum-dev
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Brendan Tracey <tracey....@gmail.com> wrote:
I think you need to be an owner in order to create or rename repositories.
yep.

-s
Trả lời tất cả
Trả lời tác giả