gonum/plot PRs

Dan Kortschak

Oct 10, 2016, 8:27:20 PM10/10/16
to gonum-dev
The PR queue for gonum/plot is getting a fairly significant backlog. Is
there something that we can do to get some of the requests cleared away?

Dan

Ethan Burns

Oct 25, 2016, 12:29:23 PM10/25/16
to gonum-dev
Yes. This is partially my fault. I don't have time to codereview things, and I worry that stuff gets blocked on me and then often gets dropped. I went through each PR. Here's my summary:
  • plot,plotter: fix time tick location handling #317 — This one is new and will be submitted soon.
  • Zip convenience functions #315 — Has outstanding comments that aren't yet addressed. I pinged it. Let's see if the author responds. If not, let's close it.
  • Implemented an AutoUnixTimeTicks #313 — I haven't been following this. @sbinet or @kortschak the author seemed to address your comments. Can someone please follow up?
  • Allow solid colored glyphs have a different colored outline #298 — Outstanding comments, I pinged it. If they don't respond, let's close it.
  • plot: split Ticker into Ticker and Labeler #286 — Folks seemed happy with the change, but there are unaddressed comments and it's not backward compatible. I pinged it.
  • add support for setting DefaultFont to font file #243 — Lots of unaddressed comments. I pinged it. Let's see if the author responds.
  • Adding multiple Y axes. #235 — I dislike multiple Y axis plots, it seems like others don't like them either. Let's close it.
  • Move functions requiring wide dependencies to their own files. #234 — Just moves code around, not well motivated. Let's close it.
  • Allows function plotting to work with discontinuous functions. #232 — Seems good, but the author hasn't responded to the last two pings. I pinged it one more time. If they don't respond, let's close it and open a bug for supporting plotting of discontinuous functions.
  • Plot with sticky-error #190 — We decided to discuss on gonum-dev, and no one made the thread. If there's no interest then I suppose we can close it.

If no one objects, and if I hear nothing back by various authors by Saturday, I plan to close things as described above.

Ethan

Kunde21

Oct 25, 2016, 8:15:40 PM10/25/16
to gonum-dev
PR #315 is awaiting feedback/input from the group.  The only unaddressed comments are preference comments, which kortschak and I disagree upon:
  1. Questioning the need for the exact function requested in issue #284 (to which PR #315 was responding).
  2. Naming preference, which has already changed once in the course of the PR.
Without any sort of consensus decision, these comments cannot be considered addressed.

Ethan Burns

Oct 27, 2016, 3:43:32 PM10/27/16
to gonum-dev
Thanks. Let me take a look.

Ethan Burns

Oct 29, 2016, 9:01:58 AM10/29/16
to gonum-dev
No responses except on #315 which is under active discussion. I closed everything else.