proposal: add more usage examples to godoc

Jeremy Atkinson

Oct 11, 2017, 7:41:51 PM10/11/17
to gonum-dev
The godoc for mat currently has a few code examples, for instance func Formatted. However, the majority of functions do not have examples.

Would there be any objections to me adding more?

I'm learning go (I've only worked with matlab before this), so I've found that I have to make these little examples anyway to learn how to use the mat package.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Brendan Tracey

Oct 11, 2017, 8:01:51 PM10/11/17
to Jeremy Atkinson, gonum-dev
We would love more examples. PRs are encouraged

Dan Kortschak

Oct 11, 2017, 8:16:24 PM10/11/17
to Jeremy Atkinson, gonum-dev
This sounds good to me, thanks.

When you send PRs, please send them as individual or in groups of
conceptually related examples, and in the first one also add yourself
to A+C.

Dan

On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 16:41 -0700, Jeremy Atkinson wrote:
> The godoc for mat currently has a few code examples, for instance
> func
> Formatted <https://godoc.org/gonum.org/v1/gonum/mat#Formatted>.

Jeremy Atkinson

Oct 12, 2017, 1:21:14 PM10/12/17