Paper announcement

Emmanuel Busato

Dec 14, 2017, 8:02:19 AM12/14/17
to gonum-dev

Hi all,

This message is just to inform you that we've just published a paper presenting instrumental developments and results for which we used the gonum package.

We are a team of physicists and engineers working on the development of particle detectors for the control of cancer treatments by hadrontherapy.
We use Go and in particular gonum for data acquisition, monitoring and analysis, and it works great ! So a big thank to all the developers for this very nice package.

In case you're interested, the paper is here:

  http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8168281/

Cheers,
Emmanuel Busato (for the AVIRM team of the physics laboratory of Clermont-Ferrand, France)

Sebastien Binet

Dec 14, 2017, 10:20:49 AM12/14/17
to Emmanuel Busato, gonum-dev
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Emmanuel Busato <emmanue...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

This message is just to inform you that we've just published a paper presenting instrumental developments and results for which we used the gonum package.

We are a team of physicists and engineers working on the development of particle detectors for the control of cancer treatments by hadrontherapy.
We use Go and in particular gonum for data acquisition, monitoring and analysis, and it works great ! So a big thank to all the developers for this very nice package.

In case you're interested, the paper is here:

  http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8168281/

Great! (well, it's behind a paywall, AFAICT, but anyways...)

I took the liberty to add it to the golang wiki as well:

I was about to also put there the link to the DAQ/monitoring that is written in Go but wasn't completely sure whether the correct link was the gitlab one or the github one...
Feel free to add it yourself :)

-s

Brendan Tracey

Dec 14, 2017, 10:22:21 AM12/14/17
to Sebastien Binet, Emmanuel Busato, gonum-dev
Also make a PR to the website?

Dan Kortschak

Dec 14, 2017, 4:29:29 PM12/14/17
to Emmanuel Busato, gonum-dev
Thanks for posting.

It's a pity gonum is not more visible in the paper or cited code works.

Dan