v3.2 Release Candidate 2 - Download links and Use this post for feedback.

G Coco

Jun 28, 2015, 5:01:30 PM6/28/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are builds available for download at:

or

Windows 32bit, Windows 64bit and Mac 64bit. All are Qt 5.4.2.

I am still working on a Mac build running some form of Qt 4.8.x.

Please use this post for feedback.

Markus B

Jun 29, 2015, 8:38:54 AM6/29/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I also installed the Version RC 2, the Problems with Showing the Map are still here. The Bing Map still works.

Markus

Jan de Visser

Jun 29, 2015, 9:11:31 AM6/29/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Compiled from source (tip) yesterday (Sunday) morning Eastern time (which I assume is [almost] identical to this RC2) on Ubuntu.

I forgot I had added a huge directory (~1000 .tcx files) with my running history from 2010 onwards as an auto-import. Parsing went OK, saving started off fine, but slowed down to where it was almost stagnant at 200 or so files. Pressed Abort at that point, which eventually worked, but the application remained unresponsive. Closing it resulted in a SEGV.

Started it again, and it (fortunately) picked up where it left up, with the same result - and once again I forgot to check its memory use when my system still worked, and this time I waited to long and my entire desktop seized up, so I assume it ran out of memory.

I'll be starting it up again, and will keep an eye on memory consumption. I'll abort after 100 or so files though :-)

Jan de Visser

Jun 29, 2015, 9:15:26 AM6/29/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Got the 'A crash happened' dialog this time. Attached the report.

gc-auto-import-crash.txt

Mark Liversedge

Jun 29, 2015, 10:25:44 AM6/29/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, j...@de-visser.net
On Monday, 29 June 2015 14:11:31 UTC+1, Jan de Visser wrote:

Compiled from source (tip) yesterday (Sunday) morning Eastern time (which I assume is [almost] identical to this RC2) on Ubuntu.

How much RAM does your PC have ?

Jan de Visser

Jun 29, 2015, 11:29:56 AM6/29/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, Mark Liversedge

16Gb.

Did some more testing - memory didn't really grow (well, it grew, but slowly - I started with 9Gb free and I had like 8Gb free at the end). I clicked Abort after something like 50 activities, and noticed that the app kept one CPU pegged. memory kept growing, but slower. Every now and then a new activity would be displayed in the Summary view (which is the one I had open at the time). App was very unresponsive at that time (would listen to clicks, but with huge delays).

I guess it's background processing all the new activities, and the background thread can't keep up with all the new work that's thrown at it.

It would probably be helpful to process GUI events a little bit more often.

G Coco

Jun 30, 2015, 12:04:02 AM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
What OS? What hardware? Which GC version did you install?

G Coco

Jun 30, 2015, 12:05:27 AM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have added a Mac build based on Qt 4.8.7 which should allow anyone still running OSX 10.6 to use the software.

Once 3.2 is released it will be the last version to be built to run on OSX 10.6.

Markus B

Jun 30, 2015, 2:28:39 AM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

OS X 10.10.3, MBP Mid2009 15", 16GB, GC Version 3.2 Release 2 now, before Release 1 and with 3.1 all function works.

Markus

Markus B

Jun 30, 2015, 2:38:34 AM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hey Coco!

with the GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC2_QT4.dmg all function works!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!

The Map Register works and I can see also the Laps.

Markus

Salvatore Taibi

Jun 30, 2015, 6:05:10 PM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Having some issues. Here is the crash report. Any help is appreciated.
crash.txt

Mark Liversedge

Jun 30, 2015, 6:09:21 PM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, salt...@hotmail.com
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 23:05:10 UTC+1, Salvatore Taibi wrote:
Having some issues. Here is the crash report. Any help is appreciated.

Can you provide the Apple crash report and describe the issues please

Thanks
Mark

Salvatore Taibi

Jun 30, 2015, 6:11:51 PM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, salt...@hotmail.com
I had no problems with RC1, but RC2 won't seem to open. I've let it run several times, but after selecting my athlete it never opens. Eventually it crashes. I don't have an apple report, but I'll give it another go and save it when it becomes available. I was hoping the GC crash report would be enough.

Salvatore Taibi

Jun 30, 2015, 6:14:14 PM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Does this work??
apple.rtf

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 1, 2015, 11:02:26 AM7/1/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I tried and tried, but never was able to get RC2 to open. I finally downloaded a clean version of RC1, installed it, and now it's open but looks to be rebuilding the database. Judging by the pace, it could take days (a week??). Is there a better way to get things up and running again, i.e., open a new athlete and import small groups of files at a time? If I do that, however:

1. What files do I need (json/cpx/fit/etc)?
2. Will I lose any data?
3. Can I just open a new athlete and drag/drop groups of files from the old data? I have all the information currently stored on Dropbox.

Thanks!
Salvatore

Frank Uyeda

Jul 1, 2015, 2:56:18 PM7/1/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Will there be a 32-bit build of 3.2 for OSX 10.6?

Mark Liversedge

Jul 1, 2015, 3:03:24 PM7/1/15
On Wednesday, 1 July 2015 16:02:26 UTC+1, Salvatore Taibi wrote:
I tried and tried, but never was able to get RC2 to open. I finally downloaded a clean version of RC1, installed it, and now it's open but looks to be rebuilding the database. Judging by the pace, it could take days (a week??).

You can use GC whilst the refresh is happening. If you wait it will get there.

Curious to know how many rides you have, what format they're stored in and your PC spec though.
If its really slow and you have few files and a high spec PC then maybe there is a problem.

Mark

Vlad Mereuță

Jul 1, 2015, 4:48:59 PM7/1/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I appeared to have a ride that's causing rc2 a lot unhappiness.
Importing the file attached sends GC RC2 into a memory/cpu rampage. Memory utilisation grew to about 50Gb before I killed it. For what it's worth RC1 didn't seem any happier with it.

I'm on OS X. The only slightly odd thing about the .fit file is that I turned off garmin cycling dynamics reporting towards the end of the ride. And it's a long ride (10h elapsed). Is there some logic in there that sucks cpu/memory exponentially with the number of points in the ride?

Also attached is the crash report.
2015_07_01_08_14_52.fit
rc2_crash_report.txt

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 1, 2015, 7:19:44 PM7/1/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, salt...@hotmail.com
I currently have 1437 activities and am using an older Macbook Pro (2.8GHz/ 4GB Memory) running 10.10.3. You ask about the format, and in the "Activities" folder they are all .json files. This begs a question, however, since I also see them stored as .cpx files in the "Cache" folder, in addition to .fit files in the "Imports" folder. Also, I see four .bak files in the "bak" folder. Can some of these be deleted? I would think the .fit for sure, but what about either .cpx or .json? Are they both needed?

For some reason, this is taking a long time. I can see most of the activities, but moving around within GC is very slow and clunky. I have a few workouts to add, but I'm afraid to do anything that will cause it to crash again. It's been open and running since last night (14 hours or so), although the progress bar doesn't seem to be making any additional headway.

Thanks!

Mark Liversedge

Jul 2, 2015, 1:30:21 AM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, vl...@banoffee.net
On Wednesday, 1 July 2015 21:48:59 UTC+1, Vlad Mereuță wrote:
Hey all,

I appeared to have a ride that's causing rc2 a lot unhappiness.
Importing the file attached sends GC RC2 into a memory/cpu rampage. Memory utilisation grew to about 50Gb before I killed it. For what it's worth RC1 didn't seem any happier with it.

I'm on OS X. The only slightly odd thing about the .fit file is that I turned off garmin cycling dynamics reporting towards the end of the ride. And it's a long ride (10h elapsed). Is there some logic in there that sucks cpu/memory exponentially with the number of points in the ride?

Also attached is the crash report.

Perfect ! Thanks.

It looks like the FIT file parser breaks at about 34000 seconds in.
How long was this ride in time and distance !?

:)

Mark

Jörn R.

Jul 2, 2015, 2:24:33 AM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Please have a look at the wiki here for the description of the new folder structure: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/Upgrade_v3.2_Troubleshooting_Guide

/activities, /cache and /config are the minimal/must havest (.CPX is caching metrics from the .JSON, but not the complete content)
/downloads and /imports and /bak are a backup storage of your downloaded, imported files (they are not used operationally - so only occupy disk space, but no memory)
/workouts stored the Train View related stuff

All other folders relate to specific features - so should not be touched - but will also not contain a lot.

Hope that help on files/folder.
Joern

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 2, 2015, 3:41:57 AM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for, but for the life of me I couldn't find it. Explains it all perfectly.

G Coco

Jul 2, 2015, 10:07:33 AM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I have also added a 32bit QT4.8.6 build for Windows for XP users.

Version 3.2.0 will be the last XP supported release of Golden Cheetah.

Günter

Jul 2, 2015, 3:27:58 PM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

if I use Trends->Bibliothek (German Version) and I click on the charts selection on thee left side. Golden Cheetah stops responding and crashes. I have this behaviour since 3.2Dev and also in RC1

regards
Günter

Am Sonntag, 28. Juni 2015 23:01:30 UTC+2 schrieb G Coco:
Crashlog.txt

Mark Liversedge

Jul 2, 2015, 3:47:11 PM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, speck...@gmail.com
On Thursday, 2 July 2015 20:27:58 UTC+1, Günter wrote:
if I use Trends->Bibliothek (German Version) and I click on the charts selection on thee left side. Golden Cheetah stops responding and crashes. I have this behaviour since 3.2Dev and also in RC1

Do any of the trends charts work ?
e.g. Summary, CP History, Aerobic Power ?

Mark

Brad

Jul 2, 2015, 5:58:28 PM7/2/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
If I upgrade to V3.2 will all my settings and descriptions for each ride remain the same? How do I backup all my athlete data?

Luther Gulseth

Jul 2, 2015, 6:07:58 PM7/2/15
to Brad, golden-cheetah-users
To locate your current files, open Golden Cheetah, click Help, About GoldenCheetah. Open the directory listed under "Activity files and other data are stored in" and make a copy of this folder. GC will transfer your settings. Hope this helps!

In Christ crucified,
Luther

Günter

Jul 3, 2015, 1:58:30 AM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, speck...@gmail.com
All the trend charts from the menu are working, but not from the libary (bibliothek) some of them are crashing e.g PMC (Coggan) some are working (e.f Cardiovreaction). Choosing a chart from the libary it shows only one metric. The second is empty and the right y-axis is scaled from 0 + 6e+257

Günter

Mark Liversedge

Jul 3, 2015, 3:19:07 AM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, speck...@gmail.com
Can you please move the file "charts.xml" out of your config directory and send it to me please.

Thanks.
Mark

Brad

Jul 3, 2015, 5:27:38 AM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, bradley...@gmail.com
Sure did help, thankyou!!

In Christ crucified,
Luther

Mark Liversedge

Jul 3, 2015, 12:06:11 PM7/3/15
On Thursday, 2 July 2015 00:19:44 UTC+1, Salvatore Taibi wrote:
I currently have 1437 activities and am using an older Macbook Pro (2.8GHz/ 4GB Memory) running 10.10.3. You ask about the format, and in the "Activities" folder they are all .json files. This begs a question, however, since I also see them stored as .cpx files in the "Cache" folder, in addition to .fit files in the "Imports" folder. Also, I see four .bak files in the "bak" folder. Can some of these be deleted? I would think the .fit for sure, but what about either .cpx or .json? Are they both needed?

1,400 files isn't a big deal. Something else is wrong with your PC perhaps?
I would expect a full refresh to take < 10 mins for that many files on your setup.

The cpx file is the pre-computed MMP data for each ride.

Mark

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 3, 2015, 1:25:26 PM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, salt...@hotmail.com
I was finally able to load RC2, although it never "settled" and was still working in the background, even after 14 hours or so. The result was every click had a delayed response, sometimes up to a minute. Then it began crashing and now it won't open. I've really tried to figure this out on my own, but it is truly above my pay grade. Here is the crash log.

For a long time, I've stored the database on dropbox. Could this have something to do with it? Should I make a copy and move it to the hard drive? I appreciate your time and any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Salvatore
c.txt

Mark Liversedge

Jul 3, 2015, 1:32:26 PM7/3/15
On Friday, 3 July 2015 18:25:26 UTC+1, Salvatore Taibi wrote:
For a long time, I've stored the database on dropbox. Could this have something to do with it? Should I make a copy and move it to the hard drive? I appreciate your time and any help anyone can provide.

I would. I suspect the delays are it sync'ing large amounts of data over your internet connection.

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 3, 2015, 2:30:23 PM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, salt...@hotmail.com
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Quick question: will GC find the newly located files on its own? If not, since I am having a devilish time even getting it to open, should I create a new athlete and import, or just wait until it opens at least once then redirect the location in Preferences?

Salvatore Taibi

Jul 4, 2015, 3:29:58 AM7/4/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Just as a follow-up, and to possibly help anyone dealing with similar issues, I finally was able to get things back to normal. Here's what I did:

I moved the files from Dropbox to the hard drive, but the issue remained. What I finally was able to do was pull out the Activities folder, open the athlete, get into Preferences and de-select all the auto-intervals. I also turned off the option to Auto Correct for Elevation, because I had noticed it cause an issue last week. Either way, I then closed the program, put the Activities back, and it loaded up lickety split. It went so well, in fact, I took a chance and re-directed the Athlete back to Dropbox and after restarting, it loaded from there almost as quickly. So, now I am happily able to leave it on Dropbox since I don't have to worry about constantly backing everything up.

Thanks!
Salvatore

Jens

Jul 4, 2015, 5:52:04 AM7/4/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Deleting multiple intervals is no longer available. Why? Is it a bug or intentionally?

Mark Liversedge

Jul 4, 2015, 6:54:35 AM7/4/15
On Saturday, 4 July 2015 08:29:58 UTC+1, Salvatore Taibi wrote:
I also turned off the option to Auto Correct for Elevation

That will be VERY slow. It downloads elevation data every time the ride is opened !

Ashley Bernes

Jul 5, 2015, 3:20:49 PM7/5/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I seem unable to get withings to read, im using the following address, https://healthmate.withings.com
Latest build of OSX.
Thanks

Mark Liversedge

Jul 5, 2015, 3:33:32 PM7/5/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, geta...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 5 July 2015 20:20:49 UTC+1, Ashley Bernes wrote:
I seem unable to get withings to read, im using the following address, https://healthmate.withings.com

linec...@googlemail.com

Jul 5, 2015, 7:32:51 PM7/5/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, 28 June 2015 22:01:30 UTC+1, G Coco wrote:
Hi,

Please use this post for feedback.

I entered my weight in kg, but then swapped to imperial units. My weight displays as 162lb in each of the rides, but in the trends summary I seem to have put on a little!

Averages

Athlete Weight (lbs):357.15

Mark Liversedge

Jul 6, 2015, 2:53:28 AM7/6/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, linec...@googlemail.com
You misunderstood me, but I was rather short !
It has been raised and fixed already and will be in RC3

Thanks

Mark

Ashley Bernes

Jul 6, 2015, 8:50:20 AM7/6/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, geta...@gmail.com
Thanks got it.

Ashley Bernes

Günter

Jul 6, 2015, 3:28:35 PM7/6/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, speck...@gmail.com
sorry haven't been online since Friday. charts.xml is attached

regards
Günter
charts.xml

linec...@googlemail.com

Jul 6, 2015, 6:04:59 PM7/6/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Another curiosity, from the new test database with just 2 rides in it. Using estimated, not measured power - although that probably shouldn't matter (I think)

From the Trends/Summary page

60 min Peak Power

1.21821 Jun 2015(0)
2.1934 Jul 2015(0)

You'd expect the averages on the tracker page to look ... well, similar. Instead I seem to have the power output of an anaemic otter:
Date      60 min Peak Power
Jun 2015           29
Jul 2015            28

Satoru KURASHIKI

Jul 9, 2015, 8:00:07 AM7/9/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
hi,

Though It may be too late, I've put RC2 packages for debian sid testers.

http://osdn.debian.or.jp/~lurdan/goldencheetah_3.2.0~RC2-1_amd64.deb
http://osdn.debian.or.jp/~lurdan/goldencheetah_3.2.0~RC2-1_i386.deb

DISCLAIMER:
- It's only a it-can-build-with-existing-recipe thing.
- I've built on my headless build server, so it's not tested to run (will test after release)
- Your data directory should be backed up before installing them.

regards,

2015年6月29日月曜日 6時01分30秒 UTC+9 G Coco:

rjkflyer

Jul 10, 2015, 2:45:38 PM7/10/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
If the recording device does not capture an ambient temperature, GC appears to use -427 degF/-255 degC as a default.

For example, KICKR doesn't report temp, and so TrainerRoad (.TCX) and Bkool (.FIT) exported files have no temp data. But GC applies -427/-255 by default.

Shouldn't this be flagged so the user can make an intervention?

Ale Martinez

Jul 10, 2015, 3:05:40 PM7/10/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Can you post sample .tcx and .fit files having this behavior?

Looking at the source I would expect .fit files without Temperature shouldn't have a Temp series when imported, -255 would be the value if Temperature is present with value 0. For .tcx files it seems Temperature is not even supported...

Richard Kelly

Jul 10, 2015, 3:15:12 PM7/10/15
to Ale Martinez, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are I think right about .tcx - there certainly is no temp data in the file, and I have checked another .tcx file exported from another application where I know there was temp recorded in the activity, and the exported .tcx has no temp data.

The .fit file I have from Bkool will not import to Garmin Connect (‘undefined’ error) - perhaps this is due to the .fit file missing ‘expected’ activity data like temp?

Anyway, here is the Bkool .fit file

Bkool.fit

Alejandro Martinez

Jul 10, 2015, 3:27:28 PM7/10/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I imported this file in RC2 and it seems to be Ok, with no Temperature data series:

Imágenes integradas 1

Alejandro.

--
Alejandro.

Alejandro Martinez

Jul 10, 2015, 3:37:39 PM7/10/15
to Richard Kelly, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I see, that problem is not related to a particular file format but, when there is not Temp series the Average Temp metrics shows -255 at interval level, OTOH it is ok at activity summary level, it shows a (-). I will take a look at this.

I agree, but look at the ‘Average Temp’ field in the Interval data on the Summary page:

On 10 Jul 2015, at 20:24, Alejandro Martinez <amtri...@gmail.com> wrote:

I imported this file in RC2 and it seems to be Ok, with no Temperature data series:

<image.png>

On 10 Jul 2015, at 20:05, Ale Martinez <amtri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Alejandro.

--
Alejandro.

Richard Kelly

Jul 10, 2015, 3:39:06 PM7/10/15
to Alejandro Martinez, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Yes, looks like you are spot on, thank you.

On 10 Jul 2015, at 20:37, Alejandro Martinez <amtri...@gmail.com> wrote:

I see, that problem is not related to a particular file format but, when there is not Temp series the Average Temp metrics shows -255 at interval level, OTOH it is ok at activity summary level, it shows a (-). I will take a look at this.
I agree, but look at the ‘Average Temp’ field in the Interval data on the Summary page:

<Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 20.25.15.png>

--
Alejandro.

Ale Martinez

Jul 10, 2015, 7:06:17 PM7/10/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I made a PR to fix this: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/pull/1443, it could be included in the next RC.

Jose Mauricio Urbano

Jul 27, 2015, 5:16:22 AM7/27/15
to golden-cheetah-users, garet...@gmail.com
Hi guys! I wanted to know if the version 3.2 will have compatibility of HR Data on swim mode. Since Garmin is launching a new heart rate strap for measuring HR underwater, I think it would be a cool feature to have HR analysis in swim mode in Golden Cheetah (such as HR zones and time in zone). Thank you!!

Ale Martinez

Jul 27, 2015, 9:56:44 AM7/27/15
to golden-cheetah-users, garet...@gmail.com, jmaur...@gmail.com
HR data is not filtered out for swim workouts, it is supported now for open water swims, and it could work for lap swimming files with HR data, but I don't have any of them to test.

Satoru KURASHIKI

Aug 20, 2015, 7:52:57 PM8/20/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, miguel pires
hi,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:13 AM, miguel pires
<xadrezmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you please compile the 3.2 version to .deb?
> Best regards
> Miguel

I've been working on that, but have issue on a few UI strings which
are garbled...
Please wait a little while longer.

regards,
--
KURASHIKI Satoru

Satoru KURASHIKI

Aug 21, 2015, 6:32:37 AM8/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users
hi,

> I've been working on that, but have issue on a few UI strings which
> are garbled...
> Please wait a little while longer.

It turns out that my athlete data which was used to test package is broken.
(Newly created athlete data have no issue.)

So, I've uploaded to debian archive as follows:
https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/goldencheetah/news/20150821T102051Z.html

GCv3.2 for debian sid users will be apt-gettable soon :-)

regards,
--
KURASHIKI Satoru

miguel pires

Aug 21, 2015, 11:03:10 AM8/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,
Thks. I will wait. Ubuntu going to be updated to?
Regards

ian

Aug 21, 2015, 3:06:42 PM8/21/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks satoru, just installed from the sid repros trouble free no
errors. just need to get to grips with the new features

Ian

miguel pires

Aug 21, 2015, 7:22:47 PM8/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi
Can't install in Ubuntu 14.04 due to dependencies problem. One of dependencies can't be solved. Can you please use Gcc 5.1 in the compile?
Best regards
Miguel

G Coco

Aug 22, 2015, 1:18:35 AM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I just put a Ubuntu 14.04 64bit file on Sourceforge.

It is not a .deb so you need to install the one dependency (vlc) manually.

Notes on what to do are on the Sourceforge page.

Will try to do a 32bit build as well.

ian

Aug 22, 2015, 4:17:55 AM8/22/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
G Coco <garet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just put a Ubuntu 14.04 64bit file on Sourceforge.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/goldencheetah/files/3.2.0/
>
> It is not a .deb so you need to install the one dependency (vlc)
> manually.
>
> Notes on what to do are on the Sourceforge page.
>
> Will try to do a 32bit build as well.
>

> On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 7:22:47 PM UTC-4, miguel pires wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Can't install in Ubuntu 14.04 due to dependencies problem. One of
> > dependencies can't be solved. Can you please use Gcc 5.1 in the
> > compile? Best regards
> > Miguel

Does Ubuntu 14.04 use Gcc 5.1. Gcc 5 has only just arrived in sid and
causing some problems during the transition. One of the problems is it
is not possible to install vlc due to dependency with vlc-nox however
the GC dependencies are libvlc5 and libvlccore8 and both of these
install as does GC from sid repros on a sid system.

Ian

Ian

Aug 22, 2015, 12:43:11 PM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 10:01:30 PM UTC+1, G Coco wrote:

Please use this post for feedback.

 Having been finding my way around the latest version I have a couple of
questions.

I only cycle so

How can I remove the swim and run parts on all of the summary pages.

How do I remove the word  "bike"  from the activity sidebar. The new
layout has listed  vertically, the date. the word  bike, and two blank
rows so the sidebar now shows only 25% of the rides V3.1 showed.

The other issue with the blue bar identifying the selected ride from
the activity sidebar masking the information below only seems to happen
if there are more columns than the basic date. With the date only the
black print turns white.

G Coco

Aug 22, 2015, 7:27:09 PM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
el

Does Ubuntu 14.04 use Gcc 5.1.  Gcc 5 has only just arrived in sid and
causing some problems during the transition. One of the problems is it
is not possible to install vlc due to dependency with vlc-nox however
the GC dependencies are libvlc5 and libvlccore8 and both of these
install as does GC from sid repros on a sid system.

Ian

From what I see this was compiled with gcc 4.8. This was a bulk standard 14.04 LTS install with an update done to files.

All libraries except VLC seemed to be in the default Ubuntu install so my test of GC ran fine from the machine I compiled it on.