Share Preferences (Data Fields + colors) between Users

s.hu...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 4:21:54 AM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi everybody,

I am new to GC. Spent a good time in setting up everything as I like – Data Fields, Workout Codes and its colors...

Now I already created a NEW USER for my gilrfriend. But only a few design prefs are aplied in her user area, such as "Appearance" colors for Plot Background and Performance Plot Background.

Is there a way to copy al the individual Data Fields I create especially with al the "Notes Keywords" and its color codes I chose? Because this is really a nasty work, setting up the colors so that they would NOT be to dazzling, as you only see the results after saving.

THNKS for helping!

simon

s.hu...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 4:37:59 AM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Just found out that opening the Pref Panels of both users side by side is a possible workaround.

- Click on a Color to open  Choose Color Window
- click Add to Custom Color
- exit
- open Choose Color Window of the other User
- the added Custom Color appears there too

Wouldn't  like to have to do this for a third user anyway :-DD

Mark Liversedge

Mar 8, 2018, 4:42:14 PM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Copy the files in the config/ folder under the athlete directory.
We could add a New Athlete As Copy... function but tbh its such a rare edge case its not worth the effort.

Mark

Will

Mar 8, 2018, 7:20:37 PM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark, would the config files work across platforms out of curiosity?

Thanks,
Will

Mark Liversedge

Mar 9, 2018, 1:44:34 PM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes absolutely. Platform specific config is stored in local formats e.g. registry on windows
You can thank Joern for the thoughtful design here !

Mark

Will

Mar 9, 2018, 8:38:20 PM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users