Feature Request: Import data from Apple Health

Jean Div

Sep 4, 2015, 8:43:40 AM9/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi All

This is my first feature request - I hope that this is the proper forum?

My request is pretty much explanatory from this post title.. 'is there a way to import health data and metrics from Apple Health (or other external providers.. Potentially FitnessPal, Metrics from TP, etc) to chart in in GC?'

To me, Apple Health seems to be the aggregator from a number of providers/apps, so it seems the most logical point to pull from. My specific requirement is to pull the 'hours slept in'.I currently use an App on the phone to track this (Sleep better), that then exports to Apple Health. But more than just sleep - the phone tracks 'number of steps' from my pocket, and if I wear my Garmin watch that goes in too. Withings tracks my weight and body fat percentage and fitnesspal tracks calories if I keep a foodlog, all reporting to Apple Health.

If all of these apps are authorised and pulling data in the background, could there be a feature in GC to get in the loop and then plot these nicely in the charts, similar to how it already pulls from Withings (Great BTW!).

Hope this is clear.

Ta,
Jean

Hamish Ferguson

Sep 4, 2015, 5:40:08 PM9/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Or Fitbit.

Hamish

Mark Liversedge

Sep 5, 2015, 10:36:29 AM9/5/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes .. both are really useful for monitoring rest of life stresses. Something I think we are weak on at present.
The stress from training can sometimes be rather meaningless when real life knocks you back...

Mark

Jean Div

Sep 6, 2015, 10:05:24 AM9/6/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Yeah, Phil Maffetone will be very happy if we are all de-stressing :-)

If GC pulls all the data around weight (withings), activities (calories burned), daily steps/movement (Fitbit/similar) and calories in (MyFitnessPal).. then perhaps it could even calculate an athlete's Base Metabolic rate and track it over time.