How to import from Garmin Connect?

Rob

Feb 24, 2018, 8:15:40 AM2/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I had GC on an older computer and would manually transfer the .tcx file from Garmin Connect to GC. I have a new computer and just downloaded the Windows 64 bit version. I would like to know how to get my previous files from Garmin Connect to GC. Thank you very much for you help!

Mark Liversedge

Feb 24, 2018, 10:11:41 AM2/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Link your Garmin a/c with Strava and download from Strava, using 3.5.

Rob

Feb 25, 2018, 4:42:58 PM2/25/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you very much Mark!
It is up and running now with my Strava data1

Pontus

Feb 26, 2018, 5:23:45 PM2/26/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Yep, this works fine. Only limitation I found is that Strava does not import the full information from the Garmin fit-files, e.g. I cannot find left/right balance, torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness. I guess there is no solution to this until Strava change their import?

Given then number of users GC has, I really think it is for the benefit of Garmin to offer their api for free, but I understand this is not the case...

Jörn R.

Feb 27, 2018, 2:28:22 AM2/27/18
to golden-cheetah-users
It's not only the API cost - it's the way Garmin Connect API works. As of now it's a "Push" approach which works fine for other Webservices. While GoldenCheetah would need a "Pull" approach.

I am using "Today's plan" as a gateway (plus some other function) - which delivers the complete data from the FIT file to GoldenCheetah.

Joern

Alex

Mar 9, 2018, 4:00:19 AM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
You can link Gamin Connect to Strava and download from this, but I think that Strava could change the altimetry activity due to its internal formulas.

Miloš Žarković

Mar 9, 2018, 4:11:47 AM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
You will need python 2.7. Script will download all data as fit files so it can be easily imported