Ubuntu 16.04 LTS : crash while starting any ride or period analysis

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 8:27:17 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

Since last GC update, requesting conversion of all rides raw format to GC format, GC does not work anymore.

I have crash every time I click on a tab/chart for analysis :(

Thanks,

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 8:30:24 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I use 16.04, doubt that is an issue.
Can you start GC:

$ GoldenCheetah --

then create a new athlete and import the rides from the original athlete.

Let us know what happens

Mark
Message has been deleted

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 9:45:23 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Well... I have created a new athlete and imported all fit files that I had stored on my computer.
I was confident that this would sort out my issue... Unfortunately not... GC goes on crashing while clicking on any menu :(

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 9:51:31 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
It seems that I have a segmentation fault (core dumped)...
No idea how to solve this neither :-/

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 10:24:26 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Are you building your own binaries?

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 10:32:51 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I do not know what is "building".
I have just used Ubuntu library to instal GC.
Then, I just created an athlete.
Finally, I imported files.
This was perfectly working before last GC update... It is 3 years I am a user...

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 10:44:48 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Ah ok. You are using apt-get ?
What version do you see, v3.3 ?

Mark

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 11:30:04 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I just tried to install with Synaptic
This is GC V3.3.0-2
Still crashing...
I can use apt-get but I have never used it...
Could you guide me Mark please ?

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 11:38:52 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
No, can't help on that.

I don't have much to go on here if you aren't using our builds and I can't recreate.
You could try running with gdb:

$ gdb GoldenCheetah
> run
.. crash..
> bt full
... send us this...
> quit

Mark

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 11:50:28 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Oups... Sorry... Where can I find your builds then ?
NB : I am surprised that while installing, I am not proposed to install linked packages...

PS : thanks a lot for your help ;)

Regarding the crash issue, it seems that a system file is missing :

#0  __memcpy_ssse3 () at ../sysdeps/i386/i686/multiarch/memcpy-ssse3.S:142
No locals.
#1  0x08789a55 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x08787be0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x087657df in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x08765185 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x08763d91 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#6  0x087630c8 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#7  0x0876b961 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#8  0x0875d793 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#9  0x0875e245 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x0877394a in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#11 0x08775d24 in ?? ()

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 11:53:45 AM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I would just install the 3.4 development deb:

Regards
Mark

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 2:42:48 PM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I have downloaded "GoldenCheetah_V3.4-DEV1608_Qt5.5.1_i386.deb"
Then I have double clicked on it
A windows has opened, stating that I am about to install V3.3.0-2.
I install, try and... GC crashes
:'(
Really strange that this version does not work...

Mark Liversedge

Aug 28, 2016, 3:08:37 PM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hopefully some other users here can explain more about using Linux.

Mark

Ciril

Aug 28, 2016, 3:25:08 PM8/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark ! :)
I used sudo dpkg -i to install this pack
It seems that the issue is fixed !!!
I will now try to import my 3 years data to verify if everything is fine...
Thank you very much for your time and your help

Ciril

Aug 29, 2016, 1:54:27 PM8/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,
Maybe this can help...
I had to install a package that was missing : r-base-core
BR

Mario Piccoli

Aug 29, 2016, 3:33:32 PM8/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I had the same problem upgrading from 3.1 to 3.3. The program crashes. I had to downgrade to 3.1 again.