Multisport configuration for v3.2

Ale Martinez

Jul 3, 2015, 8:25:28 PM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Since v3.2 feature set is closed and RCs are available for testing I thing it would be a good time to discus how it can be configured for multisport usage, what follows is what I tend to use/find more useful, but I would like to read other experiences, ideas, chart proposals, etc.

a) LTM Charts for Trends, could be included in the library (Charts.xml):
1.- Time in Pace Zones, this one is similar to Time in Power Zones and works for Run, Swim or both combined.
2.- Run Pace, this one is similar to Aerobic Power and shows 1-3-5-10-20-60 min Peak Pace
3.- Swim Pace, the same as above but for swimming
4.- PMC(km), PMC chart using good-old-km as training load metric, useful when filtered for swimming or running, especially for people who don't "buy" the TSS/TSS-like metrics
5.- PMC (TriScore), combined PMC chart using TriScore, similar to PMC (Skiba) when filtered for Bike workouts, but uses GOVSS for running and SwimScore for swimming, the components of combined CTL are shown:

b) CV chart for Activities and Trends, this is a standard Critical Mean Maximal chart using speed channel, in activities is automatically filtered for the selected activity sport, in Trends can be filtered using the sidebar, as usual:

c) Metrics:
1) Bests: 1 min Peak Power, 3 min Peak Power, 20 min Peak Power, 1 min Peak Pace, 3 min Peak Pace, 20 min Peak Pace, 1 min Peak Pace Swim, 3 min Peak Pace Swim, 20 min Peak Pace Swim
2) Summary: NP, IF, Pace, xPace, IWF, Pace Swim, xPace Swim, SRI, TriScore
3) Intervals: Duration, Distance, Elevation Gain, Average Power, Average Cadence, Average Speed, Pace, Pace Swim

d) Filters: Swim, Bike, Run, Bk+Rn, Sw+Bk+Rn

Ale.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 4, 2015, 1:43:40 AM7/4/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, amtri...@gmail.com
I think there are a few things you could do on this:

1. the home, diary and analysis layouts need multisport charts
2. the chart library needs extending to include new multisport charts
3. we need a video on using multisport in GoldenCheetah
4, we should add some advice to the website (you already added that to the github issue)

Mark

Ale Martinez

Jul 4, 2015, 9:43:05 AM7/4/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, amtri...@gmail.com
Hi Mark, I plan to do 1. and 2. using the guidelines in my previous post, but I would like to have some feedback and/or ideas from other users before.
I also could help with point 4 but, I'm afraid, no too much with point 3, my spoken english is (even) worse than my written one :(

Others items potentially useful I forgot in the OP:
- add RPE to workout metadata
- add PMC (SessionRPE) to charts.xml

Ale Martinez

Jul 6, 2015, 2:11:58 PM7/6/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I've attached the tri-charts.xml file with these charts, just in case anyone wants to try them before the next RC. To load them go to Add Chart->Metric Trends->Preset->Import, as explained in https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_ChartTypes_Trends#metric-trends

By default Autofilter is enable for the Sport field with Swim/Bike/Run values, so even without the need to define new filters, the sidebar can be used to filter them by sport: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_Side-Bar_Trends-view#filters
tri-charts.xml